• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

I'm showing Submission #4013446 which is 18 books somehow showing prescreen and 16 books were rejected however my packing slip has nothing on it regarding a prescreen?
Anyway to have these books graded as requested in Order #: CGC2540667377?  I really hate paying for pressing on all books for them to be rejected in a prescreen that I didn't request?

Order #: CGC2540667377

On 8/22/2022 at 5:12 PM, BDubs said:

I'm showing Submission #4013446 which is 18 books somehow showing prescreen and 16 books were rejected however my packing slip has nothing on it regarding a prescreen?
Anyway to have these books graded as requested in Order #: CGC2540667377?  I really hate paying for pressing on all books for them to be rejected in a prescreen that I didn't request?

Order #: CGC2540667377

I suggest e-mailing or calling.

In the "Where in the World was the QC" thread, someone recently made a post about do-it-yourself grading kits.  I think we're experiencing do-it-yourself customer service.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I suggest e-mailing or calling.

In the "Where in the World was the QC" thread, someone recently made a post about do-it-yourself grading kits.  I think we're experiencing do-it-yourself customer service.

I tried calling and they are closed.  I really hope these books are in good shape.  They left here NM so surprised at the reject although I don't know the prescreen grade level.  (shrug)

On 8/22/2022 at 2:20 PM, BDubs said:

What am I not seeing here on the prescreen? I submitted these I believe in January or March. 

image.thumb.png.afd201ecf4180cc3e87b5adba9cac523.png

4013446.png

oh this is really bad....major screw up..probably would be the worst I have ever seen

Hopefully, they catch it before it leaves the building

Edited by Ed Hanes

From my last three modern fast track submissions: sent to MCS for auctions...12 books all have scuffing on outer case as well as inner case and one has debris inside (as noted by MCS)...I have sent over 100 CGC graded slabs to MCS..sure, scuffs every now and then..but all of these recent ones ?  Submissions were all from June  and on. The ones I send off to MCS I just check for obvious damage and put back in the plastic sleeve and back into the same box from CGC. I have 20 plus more new slabs waiting to be checked into MCS for auction, IDK, I hope this isn't a long term trend with CGC..anyone else noticing this?

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/23/2022 at 1:08 AM, Ed Hanes said:

sent to MCS for auctions...12 books all have scuffing on outer case as well as inner case and one has debris inside (as noted by MCS)...I have sent over 100 CGC graded slabs to MCS..sure, scuffs every now and then..but all of these recent ones ?  Submissions were all from June  and on.

@mycomicshop

Conan, have you noticed an increase in blemished CGC output lately? Are your slab checkers becoming more fastidious? Maybe both? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by KirbyTown

MCS has always been ultra liberal with regards to notating scuffs on slabs, in an effort to reduce potential returns. When I send in slabs for consignment I just assume the listing will mention scuffs, and I assume buyers have caught on to that as well, basically ignoring the listing notes and instead looking at the scans to make their buying decisions. 

I saw yesterday they announced a Peach Momoko signing.  And reasonably priced. She never does signings so I imagine this will be a massive flood of books.  Hope CGC is ready. 

On 8/23/2022 at 1:08 PM, cd4ever said:

Hope CGC is ready. 

I have been ready for your next Saturday night sale for about 10 years now..., :cheers:

:frown:

On 8/23/2022 at 2:36 PM, cd4ever said:

I'm still hung over from the last one in 2012. 

lol Epoch times!

On 8/23/2022 at 3:52 AM, Ryan. said:

MCS has always been ultra liberal with regards to notating scuffs on slabs, in an effort to reduce potential returns. When I send in slabs for consignment I just assume the listing will mention scuffs, and I assume buyers have caught on to that as well, basically ignoring the listing notes and instead looking at the scans to make their buying decisions. 

Okay, that makes me feel better..thanks for responding

Edited by Ed Hanes