• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, djzombi said:

I'm also shocked that CGC have let the econ TAT stay about a year for this long.  The estimated TAT has been nearly a calendar year for about what, 4-6 months now?  

Yes the full time of "main" con season. It doesn't seem to be of too much "importance". I know that's not true, but it feels that way with the silence @CGC Mike I then after October have more from March. It's just sigh

On 8/30/2022 at 10:43 PM, Jemin said:

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC 

8/24: Shipped

8/30: Delivered :banana:

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

Just put of curiosity,  when did they charge you for the signing?? Ty 

On 9/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stefan_W said:

This is odd, but not complaining.

My 8/8 pre-screen modern just hit QC, but my 7/19 pre-screen modern is still in G/E/I. 

The 8/8 pre-screen was just marked as shipped for tomorrow, so will probably get to me early next week. 

Shipping over the weekend to Canada is always a bit dicey, and hopefully FedEx does not give it the full gorilla treatment this time. Fingers crossed 🤞 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:11 PM, Stefan_W said:

The moderns are continuing to move faster than the promised TATs, kudos to all of the hard work from the CGC staff that makes this possible!

25 modern pre-screens (9.8) marked as SFG on July 19 2022, moved to G/E/I today Aug 29 2022. 

I tried a new process where I double checked submissions one last time before shipping out and ended up filtering out books on my own. I am interested to see if this makes a difference in my hit rate.

I called CGC today since these books looked like they were stuck in G/E/I, and I was told they were graded already and hit quality control today. This is the first time this happened to me, but for some reason it was not updated in the system so I could not see the movement (they are still showing at G/E/I). 

I am not waiting for the charges to hit my Visa so I can see how many books passed the pre-screen. Hopefully they provide tracking info and update it once the books are through QC and shipped. 

Side note, the customer service people are always awesome. I do not envy them their job since I am sure they deal with a lot of angry customers. But they are always cheerful and pleasant when they talk to me (and I to them) which is greatly appreciated. 

On 9/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, NumminzAK said:

I'm convinced it's 100% luck of the draw...one submission I went 16/18 9.8....the latest I went 10/75.....using the same pressing company and my eye as the person selecting what to submit for both. It just doesn't ring true to me that I can go 16/18 down to 10 for 75 for moderns. I'm out thousands of dollars in profits and have nothing I can do about it because CGC has spoken. One of the 25 book submissions went 0/25....I mean come on. I never expect 100% 9.8...but I do expect at least some level of consistency when you're talking moderns that have been professionally pressed and look absolutely perfect. I'm convinced CGC is rushing order through to improve turn around times and just throwing random grades on things to get them pushed through and the new graders are hedging themselves on the conservative side.

Have you resubmitted any of the rejects? I am going to do that and see what happens (but I will split them up with others I haven't submitted)

On 9/7/2022 at 11:42 AM, Stefan_W said:

I called CGC today since these books looked like they were stuck in G/E/I, and I was told they were graded already and hit quality control today. This is the first time this happened to me, but for some reason it was not updated in the system so I could not see the movement (they are still showing at G/E/I). 

I am not waiting for the charges to hit my Visa so I can see how many books passed the pre-screen. Hopefully they provide tracking info and update it once the books are through QC and shipped. 

Side note, the customer service people are always awesome. I do not envy them their job since I am sure they deal with a lot of angry customers. But they are always cheerful and pleasant when they talk to me (and I to them) which is greatly appreciated. 

This is now showing in the system as being in QC, and I got 20/25. I am disappointed with that but I will hold off judgment until I check out the rejects. 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Just noticed today that the TAT times have shortened up. Econ Fast track was 41 days now its 20. A modern fast track is down to 10 days.

If only that actually worked in practice, I've had a submission sitting there for over 2 months now and at least two weeks of that in the Grading/Encapsulation phase. Rang a couple of times; told it was graded and sent for shipping last week, but when checked  today still no movement and the customer service team had no idea what was happening. What I found frustrating is that despite asking for update from the grading floor, the CS team got no response from them (like no graders notes nowadays huh?). Wonder if @CGC Mike can elaborate?

On 9/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, djzombi said:

My Economy submission from September 2021 (no press) is scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, nearly a full year after CGC received it.  

Ridonkulous.  

At least modern TATs are good.  I recently got a 9-book Modern submission back a month after I sent it.  6 of the books were within 0.5 of my estimate, one was exactly what I anticipated, one that I thought was a 5.0 got a 3.5 (harsh, but after re-visiting the book I can kind of see where they were coming from), but one that I thought was an 8.5 got a 9.2!  So pretty much two were off my mark, but the other seven on point.  

ZERO issues with the slabs.  No Newton Rings, no stray hairs, no slipped books, no SCS, no cracks, and (surprisingly) no scuffs.  

Looks like QC has improved - maybe...?  

I have Economy Submission's NO press I shipped out 1 year ago tomorrow (Sept 8, 2021) :(.  It was not checked in until Oct 19, 2021.  So it's now at 11 months for a NO press Economy.  Submitted another 2 NO Press Ecomomy last Oct but not checked in until Nov.

I do wonder which will come first; our Sun going Super Nova or my getting back the Economy NO press Sub's sitting at CGC since Sept-Oct 2021.

Edited by MAR1979

• Administrator
On 9/7/2022 at 7:04 PM, Every Day A Story said:

If only that actually worked in practice, I've had a submission sitting there for over 2 months now and at least two weeks of that in the Grading/Encapsulation phase. Rang a couple of times; told it was graded and sent for shipping last week, but when checked  today still no movement and the customer service team had no idea what was happening. What I found frustrating is that despite asking for update from the grading floor, the CS team got no response from them (like no graders notes nowadays huh?). Wonder if @CGC Mike can elaborate?

I am not sure why this has happened.  If it doesn't get straightened out this week, send me a PM with the invoice number and I will look into it.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

I have Economy Submission's NO press I shipped out 1 year ago tomorrow (Sept 8, 2021) :(.  It was not checked in until Oct 19, 2021.  So it's now at 11 months for a NO press Economy.  Submitted another 2 NO Press Ecomomy last Oct but not checked in until Nov.

I do wonder which will come first; our Sun going Super Nova or my getting back the Economy NO press Sub's sitting at CGC since Sept-Oct 2021.

My slow track, no press Economy was shipped out last Sept 6th and received Oct. 14th. It's been in grading for 2.5 weeks now. You should be really close! 

On 9/8/2022 at 5:41 AM, Jemin said:

The Jim Lee was 170.00 shipped and the Kubert books were 250.00 shipped.

I'm sending in for The Todd father signing.  I called customer support yesterday to ask when I would get billed for the services and they said as soon as they open the box . I was wondering if that was the case for all of them.