• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

Much quicker than the stated 37 days turnaround time...

September Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Received by CGC            09/08
Scheduled for Grading     09/08
Credit Card Charged        09/09 (1 business day later / 1 business day total)
Grading / Quality Control 09/14 (3 business days later / 4 business days total)
Shipped                            09/19 (3 business days later / 7 business days total)

On 9/19/2022 at 11:54 AM, Troy.Division said:

Much quicker than the stated 37 days turnaround time...

September Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Received by CGC            09/08
Scheduled for Grading     09/08
Credit Card Charged        09/09 (1 business day later / 1 business day total)
Grading / Quality Control 09/14 (3 business days later / 4 business days total)
Shipped                            09/19 (3 business days later / 7 business days total)

How many books did you have in this submission?

On 9/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, Troy.Division said:

Two different modern slow boat submissions.
Both submissions had the same information.
10 books per box.
20 books total.

That is not bad at all. I sent in a 31 book submission about 5 days after you did so hoping that mine is not too far behind.

On 9/16/2022 at 1:32 PM, seanlinc said:

Finally my first submission to cgc from last October has made it out of ccs and is now in GEI status. How long does it usually stay at this status before it moves to quality control?

@seanlinc, you didn't mention which tier your books are in, but since the books were at CCS since Oct, I'll guess they are either Modern or Economy.  Usually, books that have been processed by CCS will move through the grading process pretty quickly.  I had 2 Modern CCS/CGC submissions that spent 2 days in GEI in July before moving to G/QC.  I had an Economy CCS/CGC submission that spent 20 business days in GEI in Jul/Aug that I had to contact customer service to prod along.   

On 9/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

@seanlinc, you didn't mention which tier your books are in, but since the books were at CCS since Oct, I'll guess they are either Modern or Economy.  Usually, books that have been processed by CCS will move through the grading process pretty quickly.  I had 2 Modern CCS/CGC submissions that spent 2 days in GEI in July before moving to G/QC.  I had an Economy CCS/CGC submission that spent 20 business days in GEI in Jul/Aug that I had to contact customer service to prod along.   

Yeah just shipped today so pretty quick once out of ccs 👍 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:32 AM, seanlinc said:

Finally my first submission to cgc from last October has made it out of ccs and is now in GEI status. How long does it usually stay at this status before it moves to quality control?

I expect at this point now your sub falls under the typical TATs for your tier with Grading only... So, if they are modern... 20-37 business days (it just went back and forth quickly the last couple weeks) (shrug)

Thanks for posting this info BTW... I just had a whole bunch of Modern CCS Lots go from "Received" to "CCS In Process" over the last 3 weeks..  sub dates ranged from November '21 (5 of them off the sub tracking tool for > 8 months) to March '22.... seems they are catching up on collecting payments after that avalanche of subs before the Jan '22 price jumps... 

I'm expecting my April ones will move to billing and "CCS In Process" too now anyday ...

If yours was from October, I am hopeful my November ones will be done soon!! Looking forward to seeing them back on the tracking tool as "Scheduled For Grading" after being off the list for so long...

Edited by circuitryusa

On 9/21/2022 at 7:09 PM, circuitryusa said:
On 9/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, seanlinc said:

I expect at this point now your sub falls under the typical TATs for your tier with Grading only... So, if they are modern... 20-37 business days (it just went back and forth quickly the last couple weeks) (shrug)

Thanks for posting this info BTW... I just had a whole bunch of Modern CCS Lots go from "Received" to "CCS In Process" over the last 3 weeks..  sub dates ranged from November '21 (5 of them off the sub tracking tool for > 8 months) to March '22.... seems they are catching up on collecting payments after that avalanche of subs before the Jan '22 price jumps... 

I'm expecting my April ones will move to billing and "CCS In Process" too now anyday ...

If yours was from October, I am hopeful my November ones will be done soon!! Looking forward to seeing them back on the tracking tool as "Scheduled For Grading" after being off the list for so long...

I still expect that these are all economy tier? I've got books from the 21st of Oct 2021, but they weren't "ccs" or pressed at all, all still sfg. :cry:

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC 

8/24: Shipped

8/30: Delivered :banana:

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

9/1: SFG

9/13: GEI

9/15: G/QC

9/15: Shipped

9/20: Delivered :banana:

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

On 9/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, circuitryusa said:

Yeah actually when my submission from Jan moved to ccs in process a couple of weeks ago and the Oct one still said received, I called to inquire because I was worried the Oct one got bypassed somehow. They told me ccs was working on mid Oct submissions at the time and mine would come up soon. It actually got graded and shipped shortly thereafter idk if calling helped but it certainly didn't hurt.

Modern CCS Subs Moving Along!!

Received Date: 11/10/21 (1 sub of 50 split into 2 @ 25-books)

CCS In Process: 08/26/22

Scheduled for Grading: 9/22/22 (and YES, promoted back on the sub tracking tool after being kicked off for a few months for >8 months old).

This batch is my first of 11 CCS Modern Subs (I did a Standard and Economy FT sub, of which both went horribly wrong and results were not what I expected...) But, I'm hopeful CCS will do good work.