• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Still no progress. I think CGC needs to update their "Current" Turnaround times.

3 book Standard submission (current turnaround 10 days)

• Shipped: 4/26
  • Delivered: 4/28
  • Received: 5/9 
  • Still currently "Scheduled for Grading"

DeFalco Signing + CCS

2/1- Mailed to CGC 

2/3 - Delivered to CGC facility

2/7 - Received by CCS

5/19 - Received by CGC

5/19 - SFG

5/22 - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Frank Miller Signing + CCS

3/20 - Mailed to CGC 

3/22 - Delivered to CGC facility

3/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

On 5/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

That stinks man, I must have gotten lucky!  Hopefully your books ship out this week! :wishluck:

ScreenShot2023-05-19at10_14_18AM.thumb.png.6a4cddaa9500c763fd51ed425a1e2b34.png

What's the thought process on max declared value here? (Not judging, just wondering if I/everyone should be doing this)

On 5/22/2023 at 7:49 PM, smarkjobber said:

What's the thought process on max declared value here? (Not judging, just wondering if I/everyone should be doing this)

I just always take the max amount per tier. (shrug)

For me CGC has always been good if their is a problem I get credited and made whole again.

For me it's more for insurance purposes back from CGC from my collectors policy.

On 5/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

submission says down for maintenance, I wonder if the TAT estimates will be updated hm 

Down, baby, down. :wishluck:

DeFalco Signing + CCS

2/1- Mailed to CGC 

2/3 - Delivered to CGC facility

2/7 - Received by CCS

5/19 - Received by CGC

5/19 - SFG

5/22 - GEI

5/23 - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Frank Miller Signing + CCS

3/20 - Mailed to CGC 

3/22 - Delivered to CGC facility

3/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

On 5/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I just always take the max amount per tier. (shrug)

For me CGC has always been good if their is a problem I get credited and made whole again.

For me it's more for insurance purposes back from CGC from my collectors policy.

i've always wondered, does your return shipping price change/increase depending on how much value you claimed on a sub? or is $0-10,000 all the same price?

On 5/23/2023 at 9:17 PM, qlow said:

i've always wondered, does your return shipping price change/increase depending on how much value you claimed on a sub? or is $0-10,000 all the same price?

I tested it without checking out totally, and tmk, no it doesn't affect shipping charges imo.

Since this last price hike I haven't checked, but I did when cgc committed to FedEx, and afaik no. :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I know if where you live matters, ie Canadian or Australian, but I'd also be curious if distances across the Continental USA matters. Ie California compared to Georgia. That is probably true, I know Texas starts off as a minimum but I forget what lol

I want to say it was $16. :shy:

And then $2 per book back after, I thought it might have went up to a minimum of $20 but I forget. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/23/2023 at 10:17 PM, qlow said:

image.png.003754961a50b3d5d8802ef28d925c34.png

Has anyone been told what the hold up is?  I've "heard" encapsulation. My interaction with Customer Service via email and phone have not provided any answers, basically "it will ship when it ships". Moderns and reholders are still getting through. You would figure that they would want to get some of the economy books out that have been lagging behind posted TAT's. I have FT Econ that have been in GEI for 22 days, getting close to the 30 day total TAT.  If we are paying the additional $15 per book and getting the standard service, why are we not refunded the FT upcharge?  

On 5/24/2023 at 2:13 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Has anyone been told what the hold up is?  I've "heard" encapsulation. My interaction with Customer Service via email and phone have not provided any answers, basically "it will ship when it ships". Moderns and reholders are still getting through. You would figure that they would want to get some of the economy books out that have been lagging behind posted TAT's. I have FT Econ that have been in GEI for 22 days, getting close to the 30 day total TAT.  If we are paying the additional $15 per book and getting the standard service, why are we not refunded the FT upcharge?  

CGC is responding to our concerns, and has agreed to cut the normal 15 seconds of Quality Control down to 7 or 8.  :wishluck: