• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2023 at 9:31 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I would e-mail Customer Service at submissions@cgccomics.com; recent responses have been within 2 business days.  Alternatively, you may want to consider the Ask CGC forum.  I think it is taking a few days to open received packages, but a month is too long.

Discussed the issue with Customer Service through e-mail, and my 5 STANDARD books that were delivered on 5/5/23 were entered into the system as Received on 6/12/23.  Quite the relief.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:40 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 10.39.36 AM.png

old-boomer.gif

On 6/12/2023 at 11:53 AM, Spidersense said:

Nope, mine received on 5/5 and still in grading/encapsulation/imaging

image.thumb.png.29a56af5d419615cf94d28cfb066addb.png

4/27 still waiting as well.  Of the 6 standard books 4 have gone back for Mechanical Error.  I really hope they do QC this time.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:42 AM, gooshball said:

image.thumb.png.29a56af5d419615cf94d28cfb066addb.png

4/27 still waiting as well.  Of the 6 standard books 4 have gone back for Mechanical Error.  I really hope they do QC this time.

My mechanical errors submission is now going on to week 5 here soon. These irritate me the most because they messed up the books during encapsulation and the QC never caught them, yet now we have to wait forever to get these books back. Mine they mislabeled a bunch of books, so it tells you they only probably look at the books from the top down when boxed up.

I see regular Economy submission marked as received on 5/3 already shipped out. 

FT Economy submissions marked as received on 6/1 already shipped out.

I have an 8 book FT Economy submission marked as received on 5/2 that is still stuck in GEI. 

Anyone else in my boat?

I am dying to see these grades!! 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, eastriver400 said:

I have an 8 book FT Economy submission marked as received on 5/2 that is still stuck in GEI. 

Anyone else in my boat?

No longer in your boat, but was quite seasick for a couple months there.

On 6/14/2023 at 10:05 AM, eastriver400 said:

Anyone else in my boat?

To quote my brother, CGC is "consistently unpredictable..."  The first in first out process is not perfect.  Economy orders are being shipped out before Economy Fast track orders.  It's the luck of the draw, if they happen to pick up your books at the right time, you get graded and shipped.  If they happen to forget your books on a cart someplace in the back of the warehouse, it takes almost double TAT to get your books.  If you fast tracked the sub and you are past the fast track timeline, give customer service a call and ask for a credit on the fast track fees. 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, eastriver400 said:

Anyone else in my boat?

Yep same boat.  Recieved 4/27.  When I call they mention they were graded 5/5 but have been waiting for encapsulation for 6 weeks.  Very frustrating.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:11 PM, toro said:

How did the 4/25 jump in front of the 4/19?  lol

image.thumb.png.4637f78622fede2f5b416aea71a9a7cb.png

And in other news, FedEx lost my 4/25 order :tonofbricks:  They shipped it to my Walgreens last night and recorded the arrival at 8:09pm when I was away, it still says it is there.  For some unknown reason FedEx scanned it again today at 2:43pm.  I go to Walgreens and it isn't there.  The guy there knows me and my packages as they are unique styled boxes and said he never saw it yesterday either.  

i’m pretty sure my sig series has been stuck in GEI for about 2 weeks. don’t remember any of my other sig series subs taking this long in GEI.  :baiting:

On 6/15/2023 at 3:54 AM, qlow said:

i’m pretty sure my sig series has been stuck in GEI for about 2 weeks. don’t remember any of my other sig series subs taking this long in GEI.  :baiting:

Was it the Adam Hughes signing?  I'm in the same boat.  But mine has been in GEI for about 3 weeks.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

Group of 20 MODERN

Arrived at CGC - June 5

SFG - June 8

G/E/I - June 8

Things went fast today.

QC - June 15

Shipping scheduled for June 16

This is my second fastest submission missing my person record by one day. Super fast!