• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2023 at 2:05 PM, Chokedbyhalo said:

Yeah my order has been sitting in SFG since 10/13. Wish there was a counter or something showing your place in line or something. That would be a lot more helpful than just showing the same status for the last week and a half. This is my first submission order ever so I'm double paranoid/nervous lol.

Mine ended up going GEI yesterday.   You may be close.  Good luck!

On 11/5/2023 at 5:52 AM, Gaard said:

What's the average wait times these days between when your package is delivered and when it's opened?

For signings, I've seen it take a couple weeks. Not usually an issue, as signings are in distant future.

I sent in 4 books and they flipped them really quick. Around 2 months. My first shipment was back in 2020 and it took 6 months. The next year I sent in more and I didn't get those back for 12 months, so they seem to be moving really fast now. Or they're getting less work. 

The labels weren't installed correctly. The thin strip on top was a little pinched on all 4, but not enough to complain about. It just makes it look a little unprofessional upon inspection. I bought one  with a similar issue and I was little nervous it was tampered with. Seeing these 4 books eased my concerns. lol

Frank Cho remarque / Nakayama signing went to GEI today.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:56 AM, jlrangers21 said:

Going to peak at the Remarque with the new imaging available right away or wait for the real thing? 

I don't usually pay for imaging, did they start including it free?

She posted one on Instagram while NYCC was happening. Assuming it was mine, I think I already saw it. :x

brrrrr.jpg

Edited by Le Chat Noir

On 11/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, Le Chat Noir said:

Frank Cho remarque / Nakayama signing went to GEI today.

I don't usually pay for imaging, did they start including it free?

She posted one on Instagram while NYCC was happening. Assuming it was mine, I think I already saw it. :x

brrrrr.jpg

I believe they did, when shipped look up the cert number, which is the submission number and adding on the number order in which the book is on the submission.

(Submission #) +001 (for first book in Submission)

(Submission #) + 002 (for 2nd book in the order on Submission form) and so on!

Would live to see a screenshot. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/9/2023 at 4:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe they did, when shipped look up the cert number, which is the submission number and adding on the number order in which the book is on the submission.

(Submission #) +001 (for first book in Submission)

(Submission #) + 002 (for 2nd book in the order on Submission form) and so on!

I don't see the scan. Maybe I'm blind. :wavingwhiteflag:
https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4320853001/

That said, I did notice the signature from Campbell (in my sig) lines up perfectly with the one she posted on IG.

Edited by Le Chat Noir

On 11/9/2023 at 4:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe they did, when shipped look up the cert number, which is the 

huh they used too.

OR they did for mine, maybe not, but you did it correctly to see is all I can say, glad you believe to have found it regardless ^^

On 11/9/2023 at 5:56 PM, FigaroToe said:

yeah I have about 4 in SFG for a few weeks now. I'm sure they're backed up. Oh well, it'll just make the eventual shipment that much better.

Same here. I have 4 submissions that have been sitting in SFG. Usually mine go to GEI within days of SFG, but I bet NYCC has caused some kind of backup for sure.

Small modern order and my first order complete. Looks like it took right at a month. 

shipped on 10/6
delivered on 10/9
scanned in on 10/11
made it to CCS on 10/13
started press/clean on 10/18
scheduled for grading on 10/23
Moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Inspection on 11/6
Moved to Grading/QC on 11/8
Shipped on 11/9