• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,040 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2024 at 9:01 AM, trademarkcomics said:

dec1cgcbatch6.thumb.jpg.a45a2cda945232e154b754cde9fab08b.jpg

Been in QC for nearly a week. What's the longest a submission has stayed in QC for you all?

The Modern batch of 25 seemed to go straight from G/E/I to Shipped, but this one book is languishing in QC...

Texted CGC and they told me it's "in the shipping room" and they're "working hard to get it all out". 

workinghard.gif.9f0ccf6fccbb6732b0b96ac026e0f712.gif

On 1/5/2024 at 6:18 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Got it today. Complete compostable_fertilizer.

image.thumb.png.54f510c9e7e24a1694ee3656a7c01be1.png

:takeit:

Before the fertilizing in the yard and for cost of grading and shipping lolhm

But seriously a fun edition addition  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Is this cause for concern yet? My High Value books have been pressed, graded and returned already while my Moderns that were in the same box have been counted but not even inputed or scheduled for pressing. I know things are slow around the holidays but I’m afraid my Moderns have been set to the side and need to get back on track. It’s been almost a month with no movement. Is this normal? 

8497058A-F62A-4D4B-8E44-A6D39351D977.png

On 1/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, FigaroToe said:

Guh, I sent 2 packages to CGC - one was a Pre-Screen Modern and the other was a non Pre-Screen Modern (yes I know I could put 2 in 1 package, but the first package wouldn't fit the other) - and the 2nd package has been "moving in transit" for over 7 days (last scanned on 12/29) while the first one was delivered (and SFG) days ago. Praying it's not lost.

Finally some movement after 2 weeks. Scary stuff, definitely going to add extra insurance from now on.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:18 AM, Mgc015 said:

Is this cause for concern yet? My High Value books have been pressed, graded and returned already while my Moderns that were in the same box have been counted but not even inputed or scheduled for pressing. I know things are slow around the holidays but I’m afraid my Moderns have been set to the side and need to get back on track. It’s been almost a month with no movement. Is this normal? 

If you allow 2 days off for both Christmas and New Year's, you're just over the 15 day published turnaround time, and pressing apparently hasn't started.  It never hurts to call or email CGC customer service...

On 1/9/2024 at 12:06 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.890181c52561e92f2cda5dfe8f2c200c.png

No movement on my modern as of this morning. Didn’t notice that some of my vintage went from safe back to grading quality control for some reason.

they sure have improved turn around times from a year or two ago when the slow boat was taking close to a year to go door to door.......15 vintage comics on the slow boat...

arrive at cgc = 12-4-23... posted as arrived 12-6...open box and schedule = late 12-7...charge cc on 12-15.....graded and  GEI on 1-5-24...shipped 1-9-24...

On 1/9/2024 at 8:44 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.a34fd9389ed42ac4f1229a2582a2e3b8.png

You know, FedEx, USPS and UPS handle BILLIONS of packages a year. Sure, some get lost, mishandled, etc. But if you send multiple packages on the same day to the same address, they will most likely end up there at the same time, maybe one or two a day off...but not WEEKS off from each other...

runarailroad.gif.d00640fa8ad009bacb49c99bbbeaf423.gif

EDIT: Oh and BTW, their packing on my 25 Modern was less than impressive. They were pretty loose in the heavy box, I was lucky to have no damage. I have to wonder what your experience is there with your numerous---er, countless batches of 25.

Edited by trademarkcomics
More info

My Jim Lee books that were first at CCS then checked in by CGC, jumped from GEI to shipped

image.thumb.png.5273637c6442c9f1489e29fdad6dda0b.png

All that is left is the sketch/remarq which is still sitting at SFG