• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, trademarkcomics said:

dec1cgcbatch6.thumb.jpg.a45a2cda945232e154b754cde9fab08b.jpg

Been in QC for nearly a week. What's the longest a submission has stayed in QC for you all?

The Modern batch of 25 seemed to go straight from G/E/I to Shipped, but this one book is languishing in QC...

Mine usually go through Q/C within a day. I see yours is a magazine though so maybe that makes a difference in the process. Just a guess. 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:03 AM, Stefan_W said:

Mine usually go through Q/C within a day. I see yours is a magazine though so maybe that makes a difference in the process. Just a guess. 

Saw something about a shortage of certain labels...maybe magazine sized labels are out...(shrug)

On 1/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, trademarkcomics said:

dec1cgcbatch6.thumb.jpg.a45a2cda945232e154b754cde9fab08b.jpg

Been in QC for nearly a week. What's the longest a submission has stayed in QC for you all?

The Modern batch of 25 seemed to go straight from G/E/I to Shipped, but this one book is languishing in QC...

I have a MFT submission received on 12/6. It went to GQC on 12/19 and hasn't moved since. I had other non-fast track subs pass it and get shipped. 

On 12/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, workingdog said:

Hi,

I have two Fast Track Modern submissions (from 11/22) which have been sitting in G/QC since last Wednesday (12/20).  Touched base with Customer Service to try and find out why they haven't shipped yet.  I was told they will most likely ship on Tuesday, 1/2.

No one plays a game of "Keep Away" better than CGC.

My two MFT submissions still have not shipped (please see attached screen cap).

Yesterday afternoon I contacted Customer Service when it appeared my submissions were not going to ship (1/2).  I was told that if they didn't go out later in the day, then they would be shipped today, (1/3).  Well, we're well into today and the status on both is still G/QC.  It was also explained to me the Shipping Manager has been made aware of these two submissions.  And still we sit.  :taptaptap:

1-3-24 Screen Cap.jpg

On 1/2/2024 at 11:30 AM, DougC said:

Jim Lee signatures shipped today 1/2

• X-Men #11 Second Print 9.8 SS
  • Marvel Age #104 9.8 SS

Still no movement on remarq/sketch

Still no movement on CCS

Jim Lee Signature books: Shipped

Remarq/Sketch: still SFG

CCS: Finally moved to SFG (with 1/3 check in date)

I haven't used CGC's pressing in over 5 years but I sent in some 9.6s so I am not super concerned when they destroy them like previous, plus the 50% was worth a shot.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:13 AM, workingdog said:

My two MFT submissions still have not shipped (please see attached screen cap).

Yesterday afternoon I contacted Customer Service when it appeared my submissions were not going to ship (1/2).  I was told that if they didn't go out later in the day, then they would be shipped today, (1/3).  Well, we're well into today and the status on both is still G/QC.  It was also explained to me the Shipping Manager has been made aware of these two submissions.  And still we sit.  :taptaptap:

1-3-24 Screen Cap.jpg

SHIPPED!!! 1/4  :whee:

On 1/4/2024 at 1:44 PM, workingdog said:

SHIPPED!!! 1/4  :whee:

I am more wondering where those "declared values" came from?

Very odd numbers for fast tracking lol

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/3/2024 at 11:49 AM, DougC said:

Jim Lee Signature books: Shipped

Remarq/Sketch: still SFG

CCS: Finally moved to SFG (with 1/3 check in date)

I haven't used CGC's pressing in over 5 years but I sent in some 9.6s so I am not super concerned when they destroy them like previous, plus the 50% was worth a shot.

Signature only books: completed and shipped 1/2 (arrived in hand 1/4)

Remarq/Sketch: Still sitting in SFG

CCS: signed, completed by CCS, checked in by CGC 1/3 as SFG, updated to GEI 1/4

Guh, I sent 2 packages to CGC - one was a Pre-Screen Modern and the other was a non Pre-Screen Modern (yes I know I could put 2 in 1 package, but the first package wouldn't fit the other) - and the 2nd package has been "moving in transit" for over 7 days (last scanned on 12/29) while the first one was delivered (and SFG) days ago. Praying it's not lost.

On 1/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, FigaroToe said:

Guh, I sent 2 packages to CGC - one was a Pre-Screen Modern and the other was a non Pre-Screen Modern (yes I know I could put 2 in 1 package, but the first package wouldn't fit the other) - and the 2nd package has been "moving in transit" for over 7 days (last scanned on 12/29) while the first one was delivered (and SFG) days ago. Praying it's not lost.

pray.gif.ccbf0955d53dcad61f840788da5d5e70.gif