• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2024 at 12:43 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

If you allow 2 days off for both Christmas and New Year's, you're just over the 15 day published turnaround time, and pressing apparently hasn't started.  It never hurts to call or email CGC customer service...

I sent an email yesterday and today my submission is at CCS In Process so it looks like I’m back on track. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:takeit:

Before the fertilizing in the yard and for cost of grading and shipping lolhm

But seriously a fun edition addition  :)

Its a ridiculous comic book I bought with the AH signature for a song with some other stuff, so why not go full goofball and get JSC on it as well.

Gen 13 Superman a.jpg

On 1/13/2024 at 8:32 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

Its a ridiculous comic book I bought with the AH signature for a song with some other stuff, so why not go full goofball and get JSC on it as well.

Gen 13 Superman a.jpg

For whatever reason to collect this and what I vaguely remember was the other Campbell or Michael Turner, they speak to a time when these were cheesecake covers :cheers: 

They will have collectors who remember them :) I'd like them, but I'm in the same boat that I'd get them only if convenient lol 

It is why I posted to begin with, I sympathize, but they do really represent that time in comics. Today probably has the same thing going on somewhere, but I haven't bought many of them either.

I had a LCS try to tell me that "all Dave Stevens" are "big bucks", while I understand why they are, most recently they were found in the $1 bin: same kind of deal. 

Still fun :x 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/13/2024 at 9:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

For whatever reason to collect this and what I vaguely remember was the other Campbell or Michael Turner, they speak to a time when these were cheesecake covers :cheers: 

They will have collectors who remember them :) I'd like them, but I'm in the same boat that I'd get them only if convenient lol 

It is why I posted to begin with, I sympathize, but they do really represent that time in comics. Today probably has the same thing going on somewhere, but I haven't bought many of them either.

I had a LCS try to tell me that "all Dave Stevens" are "big bucks", while I understand why they are, most recently they were found in the $1 bin: same kind of deal. 

Still fun :x 

I will never quit buying Turner stuff.  He is the only comic book creator I have ever had a drink with, and I think about that 30 minutes all the time, like it happened yesterday: where we sat, what he drank, hell what game was on the TV behind the bar. Before CGC, but smack dab in the middle of that era that defined comics at the time. As regular as anyone you've ever sat down and had a drink with.

And I hear you man, there is nothing better than going to a show and finding a bunch of Turner stuff, Campbell stuff, Lady Death Chrome #1s, 90s stuff etc in the $2 boxes and KNOWING I hit the jackpot :banana: 

WE EXIST AND WE VOTE WITH OUR DOLLARS 

snake.jpg

On 1/3/2024 at 12:01 PM, trademarkcomics said:

dec1cgcbatch6.thumb.jpg.a45a2cda945232e154b754cde9fab08b.jpg

Been in QC for nearly a week. What's the longest a submission has stayed in QC for you all?

The Modern batch of 25 seemed to go straight from G/E/I to Shipped, but this one book is languishing in QC...

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but last year I had a submission sit in G/QC limbo for almost three weeks, until a couple of calls shook it loose. 

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with this thread recently.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with dropping books off at their office.  I'm traveling fairly soon and have the opportunity to drop off books.  It will be an "Unlimited" tier submission, maybe half a dozen or so books.  Will they still allow this?

• Administrator
On 1/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, badback83 said:

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with this thread recently.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with dropping books off at their office.  I'm traveling fairly soon and have the opportunity to drop off books.  It will be an "Unlimited" tier submission, maybe half a dozen or so books.  Will they still allow this?

I do not believe so.  The bolded red print below was added at some point after the article date.

image.png

On 1/13/2024 at 9:53 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

I will never quit buying Turner stuff.  He is the only comic book creator I have ever had a drink with, and I think about that 30 minutes all the time, like it happened yesterday: where we sat, what he drank, hell what game was on the TV behind the bar. Before CGC, but smack dab in the middle of that era that defined comics at the time. As regular as anyone you've ever sat down and had a drink with.

And I hear you man, there is nothing better than going to a show and finding a bunch of Turner stuff, Campbell stuff, Lady Death Chrome #1s, 90s stuff etc in the $2 boxes and KNOWING I hit the jackpot :banana: 

WE EXIST AND WE VOTE WITH OUR DOLLARS 

snake.jpg

I miss Michael Turner and Dave Stevens, those guys were both awesome, terrible we lost both of them in 2008 just a few months apart.

CGC4267325473
12/7/23
MODERN
Grading/Quality Control

CGC7355724752
12/7/23
VINTAGE
Scheduled for Grading

CGC1904379295
12/7/23
MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging