• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2024 at 12:02 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Thank you for the email info. Yes texting has a cost for me since i am in Mexico

Hi, the e-mail address @CGC Mike gave you is out of commission per @MattM CS.  This is the e-mail address you should send your questions to:

submissions@cgccomics.com

• Administrator
On 2/5/2024 at 1:46 PM, workingdog said:

Hi, the e-mail address @CGC Mike gave you is out of commission per @MattM CS.  This is the e-mail address you should send your questions to:

submissions@cgccomics.com

Thank you.  I have edited my post.  I'll see about getting the correct e-mail on the website.

1 Magazine - Vintage

• Shipped 12/15/23
  • Delivered on 12/18/23
  • Received and SFG on 12/26/23
  • GEI on 01/25/24
  • G/QC on 01/31/24
  • Shipped on 02/01/24 (30 days)

1 Comic Book  - High Value

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • Received and SFG on 01/25/24
  • GEI on 1/31/24
  • G/QC and Shipped on 02/05/24 (9 days)

5 Comic Book  - Modern + Prescreen

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • Received and SFG on 01/25/24
  • GEI on 02/02/24
  • G/QC on 02/05/24
  • Shipped on …

12 Comic Book  - Modern

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • Received and SFG on 01/25/24
  • GEI on … 

On 2/1/2024 at 11:49 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 book modern pre-screen submission

Dropped off at Fedex - Jan 12

Arrived at CGC - Jan 19

SFG - Jan 19

G/E/I - Jan 31

Q/C - Feb 1

And Shipped - Feb 1

22/25 books made the 9.8 pre-screen, which is pretty good.

Just to close the loop on this, the FedEx delivery is this morning. 

Total calendar days at CGC - 11

Total calendar days on assorted FedEx trucks - 12

On one hand, CGC was exceptionally fast which is amazing. :cheers:

On the other, welcome to the wonderful world of shipping to and from Canada. (:

My girlfriend and I bought and submitted our book to CGC here at Megacon in Orlando this weekend. It was a bigger book so I did the Unlimited Value tier. It was actually already received and now it is in G/E/I. I’m just wondering what I can expect from here on out as I never really submit at this tier so I’m just curious. 

IMG_0517.png

IMG_0518.png

On 2/6/2024 at 8:59 AM, Jordan Morris said:

My girlfriend and I bought and submitted our book to CGC here at Megacon in Orlando this weekend. It was a bigger book so I did the Unlimited Value tier. It was actually already received and now it is in G/E/I. I’m just wondering what I can expect from here on out as I never really submit at this tier so I’m just curious. 

IMG_0517.png

IMG_0518.png

Congrats on the big book.  I feel like it should go into Grading/Quality Control and ship within a few days (maybe today or tomorrow).

IMG_0517.png

IMG_0518.png

You can expect it to be pretty fast. When the grading is done the charge will hit your card, and it should be shipping shortly after that.

Congrats on the big book:) Be sure to share some pics in the This Week Back from CGC thread when you get it back. 

IMG_0517.png

IMG_0518.png

Bump

On 2/6/2024 at 9:08 AM, Stefan_W said:

You can expect it to be pretty fast. When the grading is done the charge will hit your card, and it should be shipping shortly after that.

Congrats on the big book:) Be sure to share some pics in the This Week Back from CGC thread when you get it back. 

Let’s go!!!! In Grading Quality Control now. Should I expect to see a grade today?!?!🤞🏼

IMG_0519.png

On 2/6/2024 at 9:07 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Congrats on the big book.  I feel like it should go into Grading/Quality Control and ship within a few days (maybe today or tomorrow).

Yay!!! Hopefully it ships today. I’m so curious…

IMG_0519.png

On 2/6/2024 at 11:54 AM, Jordan Morris said:

Let’s go!!!! In Grading Quality Control now. Should I expect to see a grade today?!?!🤞🏼

You will see the grade once it is marked as Shipped. That should not be too much longer. 

Best of luck!

On 2/6/2024 at 11:56 AM, Stefan_W said:

You will see the grade once it is marked as Shipped. That should not be too much longer. 

Best of luck!

Thanks for much for the feedback. I’ll let you know how it goes!! Could it be today or tomorrow?! So excited been wanting this book forever haha…

On 2/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, Jordan Morris said:

Thanks for much for the feedback. I’ll let you know how it goes!! Could it be today or tomorrow?! So excited been wanting this book forever haha…

Yes, it could definitely be today or tomorrow. The wait after QC is not usually all that long unless there is a backup somewhere. 

On 2/5/2024 at 1:43 PM, NWOslave said:

what are the current tat for signature events?

Art Adams still has a large portion of books still in SFG due to not being done and very slowly trickling back in from the original signing last summer.

Jim Lee is now in the same boat as he has a sketches and remarques that are not completed from the original 11/28 signing.

When asked CGC gives a cut/paste reply about being the victim of large orders and they will eventually get done; until then kick rocks.

On 2/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, Jordan Morris said:

On 2/6/2024 at 12:08 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yes, it could definitely be today or tomorrow. The wait after QC is not usually all that long unless there is a backup somewhere. 

I'm on day 4 of an Unlimited Value magazine submission. It's been in the Grading/Quality Control stage for over 24 hours now.  So it looks like there might be a hold up somewhere on the magazine side, potentially.  

On 2/6/2024 at 3:26 PM, BeardedBubba said:

I'm on day 4 of an Unlimited Value magazine submission. It's been in the Grading/Quality Control stage for over 24 hours now.  So it looks like there might be a hold up somewhere on the magazine side, potentially.  

Magazines have always been a bit different with that stuff. It seems that magazines take a lot longer in some of the stages, especially grading and encapsulation. 

On 2/6/2024 at 3:26 PM, BeardedBubba said:

We’ll see. I’ll keep you updated and hope you do the same. Good luck!!