• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,079 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 5/20/2024 at 1:18 PM, Alex Traicoff said:

Appreciate you! Yup, same tier as you. @CGC Mike, any chance you can give me an update? Submission # is 4422170

Hi

You will need to start a thread in this section, and a customer service rep will assist you. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/

A quicker way to get an answer would be to call, text or e-mail

Hours (Weekdays):
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

Call or text (+1) 855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310)
Message and data rates may apply for text messages.
Service@CGCcomics.com

On 5/20/2024 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Delivered May 6th

Received sfg May 10th

GEI May 17th

Grading/Quality Control, 5/18

shipped 5/20

Congrats on the quick turnaround, and I hope your books did well!

Mine was SFG at almost the exact same time so I am thinking it should make it to GEI soon :) 

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome, thanks as they try to stick to a 6 to 8 week total tat with pressing on a signing :) I haven't heard otherwise, but sometimes signings don't all get finished and wrapped up at one time. I haven't heard that with this signing and if you've seen charges, it should be all good and coming up quick on the 6 to 8 week deadline for cgc (thumbsu

You might call if you can or shoot them an email, but if it has only been 5 weeks so far, you might get a standard response of "shortly." but idk. They might have more info concerning the signing that I'm not aware of, but when it has been 6,7, or even 8 weeks definitely follow up with a call or email to cgc. :) 

From CGC:

The signing for Terry Austin had completed back in March, however due to scheduling issues Chris Claremont was unable to sign submissions until this month, and the signing for all books waiting on Chris was completed in the first week of May. From the signing for both signees being completed, any submission sent in for this event has a 6-8 week turnaround time for pressing and grading, before it's sent back to you.

Edited by NY Roadkill
Clarification

This thread has been helpful but it's making me a little nervous.  I've been in contact with the customer service team and so far the response has been they're looking into it, but my dates seem much longer than anyone else here:

11 Modern Comics (For Grading)

Shipped 3/28

Arrived 4/1 (confirmed on the site)

No updates since then.  My submission is not showing up at all, so the books are likely still sitting at the warehouse 8 weeks later! :eek:

Anyone else in this same boat?

On 5/21/2024 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Upley said:

This thread has been helpful but it's making me a little nervous.  I've been in contact with the customer service team and so far the response has been they're looking into it, but my dates seem much longer than anyone else here:

11 Modern Comics (For Grading)

Shipped 3/28

Arrived 4/1 (confirmed on the site)

No updates since then.  My submission is not showing up at all, so the books are likely still sitting at the warehouse 8 weeks later! :eek:

Anyone else in this same boat?

Is your tracking number in their system? At this point I would definitely contact customer support. 

On 5/21/2024 at 2:19 PM, Stefan_W said:

Is your tracking number in their system? At this point I would definitely contact customer support. 

Yeah, it's been confirmed delivered but nothing beyond that.  I've talked to customer service a handful of times, all I've been told is they are looking into it.  When do they officially call it lost?

On 5/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, Chuck Upley said:

Yeah, it's been confirmed delivered but nothing beyond that.  I've talked to customer service a handful of times, all I've been told is they are looking into it.  When do they officially call it lost?

No idea, but it sounds like this needs to be escalated. May @CGC Mike can help escalate this and see what they can do?

• Administrator
On 5/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, Chuck Upley said:

Hi

Send me the tracking number, packing slip or submission number and your customer id via PM, and I will ask the operations manager.

Mike

On 5/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, Stefan_W said:

5 days is not that long. If you look back in this discussion you will see that orders are hitting SFG 3 or more business days after they arrive. If there is a glut of submissions from a Con it can be a week or two. 

I would not be concerned at this point, but if it hits about 10 business days without being entered into the system I would call customer support to see what's up. 

Yeah you were right - and in fact later that day I had a surprise.  Here is my latest update:

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up: 5/10

SFG: 5/17

GEI: ??

12 Modern Pre-Screen Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up:5/10 

GEI: ??

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 10:04 AM, Dave616 said:

8 Book Modern Fast Track

Delivered 5/10

Received 5/14

SFG 5/15

On 5/21/2024 at 3:10 PM, Dave616 said:

G/E/I   5/21

Grading/Quality Control  5/22

Shipped 5/23

Edited by Dave616

For anyone interested in these tiers:

High Value (1 book)--> CCS+JSA
- Mailed: 5/9/24
- Delivered: 5/13/24 (confirmed in system on 5/14/24)
- Received at CCS: ?? (7 business days so far unopened; imagine the glut of CCS press for sig books is a factor here)

Unlimited Value (1 book)--> Grade only
- Mailed: 5/20/24
- Delivered: 5/22/24 (confirmed in system on 5/22/24)
- Received+SFG:

I’m curious on current experiences with transition from GEI to QC to Shipped

7books Vintage Fast Track

Shipped (ON) 4/26

picked up: 4:29

SFG: 5/2

GEI: 5/20

QC: ?

Shipped: ?

not complaining just anxious to see some grades in some quality Silver Age

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1262.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1237.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 5:48 PM, Chickenwings said:

Unlimited Value

Delivered USPS: 5/20/24
Received: 5/21/24
SFG 5/21/24
GEI 5/22/24
G/QC 5/22/24
Shipped 

This is ideal for UV. Hoping my book flies through like this…

Edited by Nschenks

On 5/17/2024 at 9:15 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

May 10 - SFG / Credit Card charged

May 17 - List of books in submission updated to include the news stand editions and Canadian price variants

I noticed last time that the submission list that shows online was updated a day or two before my books were moved to G/E/I. Lets see if that happens this time as well :) 

25 book MODERN submission

May 7 - Arrived at CGC's PO Box

May 7 - Picked up by CGC (very end of the day)

May 10 - SFG / Credit Card charged

May 17 - List of books in submission updated to include the news stand editions and Canadian price variants

May 23 - G/E/I

My F5 key was getting a real workout this time around because I was hoping it would be graded before the USA long weekend. It is well ahead of TAT estimates so super happy to see this :) 

On 5/20/2024 at 12:55 PM, Alex Traicoff said:

Was this for modern? My one modern book has been stuck in quality control since the 17th. Was originally received on April 29th. Wondering why it hasn't shipped yet while others are receiving shipping for theirs.

IMG_6738.gif.9cc907751ae3c988ab6a31ef8068abb6.gif

15 Modern Book Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box: 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up: 5/10

GEI: 5/23

G/QC:  ??

12 Modern Pre-Screen Submission (From Canada)

Shipped 5/2

Delivered to CGC PO Box 5/9

Confirmed Picked Up:5/10 

GEI: 5/23

G/QC: ??