• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2024 at 12:10 PM, Dayofthedead204 said:

2 Books Vintage

SFG: 3/1

GEI: 4/9

G/QC:  ??

I was hoping to see a G/QC or maybe shipped as it's been in GEI for almost two weeks.  Sigh...

Same boat.  18 books vintage.

SFG 3/8

GEI 4/9.

Almost 2 weeks in GEI.  Hopefully we both hear soon.  2 weeks seems to be the average right now.

On 4/15/2024 at 2:54 PM, Stefan_W said:

25 Book Modern submission

April 1 - Delivered to CGC

Apr 15 - Box opened and SFG

Apr 15 - Credit Card charged for this submission

It's showtime! :banana:

25 Book Modern submission

April 1 - Delivered to CGC

Apr 15 - Box opened and SFG

Apr 15 - Credit Card charged

Apr 23 - G/E/I

On 4/23/2024 at 1:26 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Clearly, something is going on in encapsulation.

Yup, my UV that was received by CGC last week was opened up yesterday and went to SFG. I guess that won't be hitting the advertised 2 day TAT.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:26 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Clearly, something is going on in encapsulation.

I have the most patience with delays at that stage. I'm sure that some type of machinery is used for encapsulation, and any type of machine will break down from time to time. When that happens a logjam will happen as the other machines can no longer keep pace, and things will back up. At least that's how I think it works and it makes sense in my head. 

On 4/23/2024 at 4:21 PM, RedGiant said:

Update for Vintage slow track. Maybe I just got lucky but my 25 book 3/12 submission moved to shipped today - business day 30 by my count. Hope others are seeing movement as well. 

Great news! I hope you did well with that submission. :) 

Mine is 3/20 so hopefully this means it will clear next week. Fingers crossed! :wishluck:

On 4/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, Stefan_W said:

Great news! I hope you did well with that submission. :) 

Mine is 3/20 so hopefully this means it will clear next week. Fingers crossed! :wishluck:

Best of luck to you. One rather large win (which I got up charged for). Most were I expected but CGC loves to hammer DC Bronze horror - a few got nailed - which has been par for the course on these. 

On 4/23/2024 at 4:29 PM, RedGiant said:

Best of luck to you. One rather large win (which I got up charged for). Most were I expected but CGC loves to hammer DC Bronze horror - a few got nailed - which has been par for the course on these. 

I have some Marvel horror goodness in mine that I am thinking are high grade - other similar books from the same collection that were post-1975 all scored in the 9.0-9.8 range in a Modern submission. Hopefully these do as well as the others.

On 4/24/2024 at 8:27 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mine still hasn't!  Arg!  Still in GEI more than 2 weeks and counting.

There has to be a kink somewhere in the line. CGC should really be updating their dates on the site and then we also have C2E2 this weekend, it will only screw up our subs even more. I bet there will be submissions from C2E2 that get graded and out the door before some of these do.

Edited by captainzombie

On 4/24/2024 at 8:27 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Mine still hasn't!  Arg!  Still in GEI more than 2 weeks and counting.

Well as it turns out, today was the day!  Shipped vintage.

To summarize:

2 Books Vintage

SFG: 3/1

GEI: 4/9

G/QC:  4/24

Shipped: 4/24

Approx 38 Business Day turnaround for 2 books in vintage.