• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,623 posts in this topic

I have a couple of new submissions to track now as well. Fun times.

1) 25 book Vintage bulk submission

Received - August 12th

SFG - August 14th

GEI - ??????

2) 3 book Mechanical Error submission

Received - September 20th

SFG - September 20th

GEI - 

3) 5 book Reholder submission

Received - September 23rd

SFG - September 23rd

GEI - 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, Stefan_W said:

Looks like things are starting to move again. Buckle up!

I hope. I have 6 modern submissions sitting in SFG, with one of them almost approaching having been there a month since it was received in their system. I noticed yesterday that some posted where their 8/26-8/27 subs have gone into GEI, so hopefully they start getting to these other ones. 

On 9/25/2024 at 12:57 PM, FigaroToe said:

Still have a ME and a Modern submission chilling at SFG, received on 9/9. So far my PSA order received at the same date is going faster.

I have 2 modern subs that were received on 8/28 and are still sitting at SFG, while my modern magazine sub received on 9/13 has moved to GEI as of yesterday. At this rate all of my other subs will be in SFG and the magazine one will be shipped.

On 9/25/2024 at 12:57 PM, FigaroToe said:

Still have a ME and a Modern submission chilling at SFG, received on 9/9. So far my PSA order received at the same date is going faster.

lol I'm feeling the burn myself. Music helps, and yet time to think about it again hits you like a ton of bricks. 

giphy.gif they seem to get stuff out the door though.

On 9/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, captainzombie said:

I have 2 modern subs that were received on 8/28 and are still sitting at SFG, while my modern magazine sub received on 9/13 has moved to GEI as of yesterday. At this rate all of my other subs will be in SFG and the magazine one will be shipped.

lol they are pulling rabbits out of the hat all the time, time to make youtube and social media posts, and it is the heart of the company to grade. 

On 9/25/2024 at 2:11 PM, captainzombie said:

I have a Vintage Pulp that has been GEI for weeks now without any more movement. Not sure how magazines compare to that. 

Book finally moved to the next step.  Now all I can do is pray.  Not for the grade, but for it to not banana.

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern
TAT as of Receipt Date: 15 days
Number of books: 2
Shipped to Sarasota: unknown (hand delivered by One Stop Comic Shop as part of GalaxyCon SJ [8/15-8/17] submissions)
Received by S&R: unknown
CGC Entered/Received: unknown

Verified: unknown
Scheduled for Grading: 8/27

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 9/25
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

On 9/26/2024 at 6:03 AM, comicparadox said:

Vintage Bulk x 15 books:Mailed USPS 7/31, received 8/9, (!!) stuck in SFG since then. Hurricane date 9/26, hope the building doesn't blow away or get drenched. May everyone stay safe!

Absolutely, comics can be graded later and the priority now is that everyone stays safe. 

On 9/10/2024 at 10:08 AM, Stefan_W said:

2 Vintage comics Pulp

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

G/E/I - Sept 10

These Overstreet price guides changed categories a couple of times - sent them in as magazines, they were changed to comics, and then landed as pulp. Cost is the same regardless so that is more a CGC figuring out the right grading queue thing than anything else. Looking forward to seeing how they do. 

These have been sitting in GEI for more than two weeks so I texted customer support and was told they have been graded but are waiting for encapsulation.