• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

for anyone who cares, i just recieved back economy CGC SS from late May.

which makes me think my cgc ss economy from mid july won't make it before xmas :(

Is that SS economy from SDCC? Because I'm waiting for mine, too.

for anyone who cares, i just recieved back economy CGC SS from late May.

which makes me think my cgc ss economy from mid july won't make it before xmas :(

Is that SS economy from SDCC? Because I'm waiting for mine, too.

I have two SS moderns from San Diego that were just graded last week but CGC said I probably would not seebp them for at least 3 weeks....

Ok that pretty much guarantees that these aren't coming before Xmas. So we're looking at about ETA 7+ months door-to-door now...

[People like you....make people like me....sad for months....

In all seriousness don't blame me.

I think nobody is being serious...only extremely envious... (worship) (worship) (worship)

Happy collectors, make for a happy hobby

How long have books been staying "scheduled for grading"?

The person answering my questions said they would most likely ship out in three weeks now that they have been graded (I called and they were graded already). So figure they stay at scheduled for about a week and graded for maybe two or some combination like that.

My books from a 50 book 9.6 prescreen were shipped yesterday.

Submitted 6/20/2012

Unless you fast track books I just assume any modern submission, economy, and value is a minimum of 6 months from when you ship the books to CGC then back on your doorstep. :cry:

That obviously sucks, but it is what is for the time being.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I can understand that they need trained people to grade the books, and there's only so many trained people they have, hence a backlog, but can't they hire temps to ship them out?

To some extent, yes... but these are relatively fragile items and in some cases very high value and relatively easy to steal. So temps may not be the best options. They probably (hopefully) bond employees and have insurance for things while on-site Although it should be SIGNIFCANTLY easier to find pack and ship staff than graders/encapsulaters.

:sorry:

D4265117-3341-4308-B5B5-31D3CBA19CBF-2195-000002467CEB1DB5.jpg

haha are you gloating about how you single handedly cause the bottlenecking?

People like you....make people like me....sad for months....

In all seriousness don't blame me, I've been Fast Tracking all my books for almost two years, before the bottleneck started. If I were to go back to regular submission I'd pocket a lot of money every month.

I found it was easier to handle my subscription service by going to Fast Track. It gets stuff in and out quicker. At one point before I went Fast Track I had over 1000 books waiting to be graded. And when you don't charge customers for those subscription books until they get graded... Well you do the out of pocket math.

The current bottleneck has even caused problems for me. These boxes constitute three weeks of submissions that all came in over a week's time. Invoices ship out of order so I have to wait before I sort, and this sort of pile happens regularly now.

Like I said earlier, even Fast Track has been affected, not by such an exponential amount, but it is behind what I'm used to.

As someone who currently has 600+ books at CGC, non fast-track moderns, I shake my fist at you fast-trackers. And wish I was submitting stuff I could swallow the extra $10/book for. Alas, it is not to be, so I wait. And wait. And sub more. And wait more.

My books from a 50 book 9.6 prescreen were shipped yesterday.

Submitted 6/20/2012

Unless you fast track books I just assume any modern submission, economy, and value is a minimum of 6 months from when you ship the books to CGC then back on your doorstep. :cry:

That obviously sucks, but it is what is for the time being.

Yeah, but the "time being" has been a long time being, with no signs of ever being better any time sooner. :mad:

:sorry:

D4265117-3341-4308-B5B5-31D3CBA19CBF-2195-000002467CEB1DB5.jpg

Small potatoes.

Sadly 267 of those small spuds are mine.... :sorry:

Wake up CGC!!

My standards from 11/21 show graded. That's pretty good considering it's only day 12 taking into account the thanksgiving days off.

One of my prescreen values from 8/22 that shows scheduled for grading and has since 12/5. Although my other value from the same day is still sitting at verified.