• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

Just got my 3/11/13 Modern submission in the mail yesterday.

wow that's way faster than it was recently! looks like things are on the uptick. at least for modern

2 Months 9 Days

I am getting stuff back that I subbed the last week of March.

The performance turnaround is nothing short of miraculous. It's almost too good - 6 months to 2 months. I almost shudder to think how they pulled it off.

2 Months 9 Days

The performance turnaround is nothing short of miraculous. It's almost too good - 6 months to 2 months. I almost shudder to think how they pulled it off.

Because everyone stopped sending modern submissions. They're all fast tracked.

CGC received my 4 of my books (standard submissions) today. Let's see how long this takes.

Moved from Verified status to Scheduled for Grading status today!

Moved from Scheduled to Grading/Quality Control status today!

Moved to Shipped/Safe status today! Books coming back are Batman 189, Sub-Mariner 6, X-Men 14, and Uncanny X-Men 142. Not exactly the grades I was hoping for, but still pretty good IMO, I'll post em in the back from CGC thread when they arrive.

Got my books back today, pretty much the results I expected, X-Men 14 did better than I thought it would. Posted them in the Back from CGC thread. Under 1 month turnaround, not too bad?

2 Months 9 Days

They let the premium tiers fall behind and focused exclusively on cheaper ones - which I personally think was pretty smart (even though it sucks that my FT submissions are delayed because of it).

2 Months 9 Days

They let the premium tiers fall behind and focused exclusively on cheaper ones - which I personally think was pretty smart (even though it sucks that my FT submissions are delayed because of it).

Is this conjecture Mike or do you have some insight into a deliberate decision to do so?

Modern FT 5/1/13

Shipped 5/22/13

This will sound like a gripe (it's not), but if its "first in first out" how does my 4/29 FT modern invoice still stay in QC when yours shipped today? My guess.... After grading "first in first out" they all go to a staging area to be encapsulated, QC'd, and then shipped. I'm guessing the FIFO process goes to more of a "batched" process toward the end and they prep multiple invoices to ship.

Once again, not griping. Just discussing and expect my invoice to ship any day....

R

Modern FT 5/1/13

Shipped 5/22/13

This will sound like a gripe (it's not), but if its "first in first out" how does my 4/29 FT modern invoice still stay in QC when yours shipped today? My guess.... After grading "first in first out" they all go to a staging area to be encapsulated, QC'd, and then shipped. I'm guessing the FIFO process goes to more of a "batched" process toward the end and they prep multiple invoices to ship.

I'd venture a guess and say that's probably exactly what the process looks like.

If you check out the post above mine, somebody had books from 4/30 that shipped prior to my books which would support your theory as well.

standard submission received 4/11

called today, they added a day and said it was the 12th so the website is wrong.

and they are currently at 23 business days.

same standard submission is still at graded. received 4/11

30 business days if you count received date, 29 if you dont.

since i dont really need the books back, im eager to see how long this submission can stay at cgc.

Edited by youmechoose