• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,571 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2024 at 4:03 PM, jlrangers21 said:

Nice.  The High Value seems to be moving as expected.  The slow boat GEI is painful.  Haha

My fingers are crossed that things keep moving well. Hopefully this will keep sailing through and I get my beauties home soon :) Three copies of ASM 129 in this group. 

On 8/15/2024 at 3:07 PM, Stefan_W said:

My fingers are crossed that things keep moving well. Hopefully this will keep sailing through and I get my beauties home soon :) Three copies of ASM 129 in this group. 

I’ve had a Modern prescreen that went GEI Tuesday and still not GQC.  But that happened to me about a month ago as well.  I understand when high value, fast track, and signatures jump ahead since they paid for it.  

On 8/16/2024 at 3:40 PM, Stefan_W said:

Looks like my high value will ship next week. So curious about the grades - this will be a long weekend!

Delivery always seems to be Monday lol

On 8/16/2024 at 5:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Delivery always seems to be Monday lol

Hahaha, yeah it definitely works that way for me!

I just checked to see if anything moved and nothing. In the past there were a couple of times when things were really slammed and they had people working on Saturdays to clear out the backlog a bit, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Oh well, it was worth a look. 

On 8/16/2024 at 1:40 PM, Stefan_W said:

Looks like my high value will ship next week. So curious about the grades - this will be a long weekend!

The wait is excruciating the closer it gets to the end of the grading cycle especially when a weekend gets thrown in between QC and Shipped

On 8/17/2024 at 12:15 PM, LordRahl said:

The wait is excruciating the closer it gets to the end of the grading cycle especially when a weekend gets thrown in between QC and Shipped

Yeah, for sure. I am never in a big rush to get the books back, but once they are graded the wait to find out what the grades are can be brutal. Especially with high value books. 

I wish we could sign an online waiver saying "I promise not to call CGC and ask for them to regrade my comics while they are still there" so we can see grades once the books are slabbed instead of when the books are shipped. 

On 7/18/2024 at 9:25 AM, NY Roadkill said:

New submission for Vintage service with CNP and pre-screening for CNP:

Fantastic Four  #7 and #22

Dropped off at FedEx 6/25/24

FedEx Delivered 6/28/24

Received at CCS 7/3/24

Still in Received at CCS status almost 7 weeks later and contents have not been logged into the system (can't click on the submission # and see the contants)

On 8/16/2024 at 4:40 PM, Stefan_W said:

And a long start to this week!

Still not shipped. They are ahead of TAT so it is fair, but waiting for grades makes for loooooooong days. 

On 8/19/2024 at 2:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

And a long start to this week!

Still not shipped. They are ahead of TAT so it is fair, but waiting for grades makes for loooooooong days. 

They might be delayed in shipping for sure. I had called because mine is past TAT, I was told it has been sitting in shipping since Friday.

On 8/16/2024 at 1:01 PM, FigaroToe said:

Woo! My magazine pre-screen 9.8 got a perfect 10/10 submissions. Grades haven't hit yet but I'm hoping for some 9.9s or maaaaaaybe a 10.

Grades are still absent, which is surprising as they typically pop up right after I'm charged. Oh well, guess I'll be refreshing for the rest of the week.