• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

So after a week of status "graded", all day Thursday it changed to "graded quality control" and I thought for sure it go "shipped safe" late today. Now I got to stew over the weekend. What do you think Monday by 10am? :eek: I'm dyin' here.

As someone who is waiting on a MST sub from early November, a thought occurred - why can't CGC at least send an email when the slabs have been shipped? IDC that, as a non-paying member, I can't watch the progression of the grading process, but I'd sure like to know when to be on the lookout for the mailman with my parcel. Especially since it has to be signed for, and (believe it or not) I am not always around when the mail is delivered.

I don't even care if they tell me the grades or not, just a courtesy email that tells me "Your submission has been shipped."

hm

-slym

They used to email a tracking number...I was told a few months ago when I called in that there was a glitch in the system so they had to shut it off. Was under the impression that was a temporary situation but maybe not.

hm

Maybe I'll give them one more call on Monday.

Thank you!

:)

-slym

They used to email a tracking number...I was told a few months ago when I called in that there was a glitch in the system so they had to shut it off. Was under the impression that was a temporary situation but maybe not.

hm

Thank you!

-slym

My books submitted at NYCC still haven't arrived yet, so your November submission (Spread variant, I'm assuming), is probably still a few weeks away. When I called on Monday they told me they're graded and waiting for encapsulation, so hopefully this week I'll have them.

On all my subs I've only gotten an email twice. Both times was the coupon submissions.

hm

Thank you!

My books submitted at NYCC still haven't arrived yet, so your November submission (Spread variant, I'm assuming), is probably still a few weeks away. When I called on Monday they told me they're graded and waiting for encapsulation, so hopefully this week I'll have them.

That's one of the comics, yes (and thank you again!)

I got the same message over a week ago when I called, there seems to be a back-up at encapsulation. I guess it just depends how far back our books are in line to be slabbed... the person I talked to said hopefully I will see my books by February 1st.

:(

-slym

On all my subs I've only gotten an email twice. Both times was the coupon submissions.

Yeah, when I was a paying member, I've obviously gotten an email. My non-member subs, I haven't.

-slym

As someone who is waiting on a MST sub from early November, a thought occurred - why can't CGC at least send an email when the slabs have been shipped? IDC that, as a non-paying member, I can't watch the progression of the grading process, but I'd sure like to know when to be on the lookout for the mailman with my parcel. Especially since it has to be signed for, and (believe it or not) I am not always around when the mail is delivered.

I don't even care if they tell me the grades or not, just a courtesy email that tells me "Your submission has been shipped."

hm

-slym

Around the date I am expecting them to ship I pump the cert numbers into the cgc verification tool (cert number will be "0 INVOICE NUMBER 00n", where n is from 1 to the number of books subbed). It isn't the best system but it works if you are a non-paid member.

Yeah, when I was a paying member, I've obviously gotten an email. My non-member subs, I haven't.

-slym

I'm a paying member. When I get the email from them, it's generally after the books have already gotten to me. :eyeroll:

So it's pretty pointless regardless.

hm

Thank you!

That's one of the comics, yes (and thank you again!)

I got the same message over a week ago when I called, there seems to be a back-up at encapsulation. I guess it just depends how far back our books are in line to be slabbed... the person I talked to said hopefully I will see my books by February 1st.

:(

-slym

Mine were just delivered, and I am ecstatic. (Apparently I've been undergrading my books.) Only disappointment was that the New X-Men 128 that I thought had a shot at better than a 9.8 came back "only" a 9.8.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps