• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

Value Pre-Screen Slow:

Received 11/18

Verified 1/7

Sched. for grading 1/29

Graded 1/30 - that was a nice surprise

My last value sat at "graded" for damn near two calendar months before shipping from what I recall. Hopefully you won't have a similar fate...

Honestly at that point make a phone call. I would never have waited even 25% of that time after my books were graded.

Of course I called, and was told they were in line for encapsulation. Looking back I did exaggerate a little, it was more like 45 calendar days, but still a damn long time for graded books to wait to be encapsulated even if they are in the slowest tier they offer. If they choose to take that long to encapsulate, and we choose to keep sending them books anyway, that is what we will get.

PLEASE, CGC, GET ANOTHER ENCAPSULATION MACHINE!!!

:(

No Please you submitters please stop submitting books to CGC so my books can be graded faster.

Obviously. :baiting:

No, my books have been sitting "in line" stacked up with all the others, waiting to be encapsulated. They are backed up on comics waiting to be slabbed, they are grading them at a decent clip, esp. compared to the encapsulation department.

:)

-slym (that's what he was told the last two times he called the CGC)

Reholder:

Received by CGC - 1/5/15

Received by me - 1/14/15

Modern Slow Track submission one:

Received by CGC via CCS - 12/22/14

Verified - 12/22/14

Scheduled for grading - 2/5/2015

Modern Slow Track submission two:

Received by CGC - 1/5/15

Verified - 1/21/15

Another reason for two encapsulation machines - so non-fast-track orders aren't sitting around while FT orders get done.

They charge enough for all these fast track orders, you'd think they'd have made enough extra money for a 2nd encapsulation machine! And when there are no FT orders ( :whistle: ) then all the regular books can take up both machines!

:D

-slym

MST

11/5 Received

1/20 Graded

1/29 Grading/QC

2/11 Shipped/Safe

I would like to know how they choose the order things go at CGC, I sent 2 invoices in one box (Both marked received by CGC 10/22/2014), I received (in my hands) 1 of the invoices on the 14th of last month, While the other still sits at graded.

Others submissions received after mine are being shipped, It makes no sense.

thanks codlive---I have been at graded since 1-22-15....slabbing should soon be done...you waited almost 2 weeks for shipping after QC, normally go out 2-3 days of hitting QC in my experience..

they got my books at CGC FROM CCS on 1/30. They estimated 2 to 2.5 months for grading.

THis is for modern CGC SS grading.

MST

11/5 Received

1/20 Graded

1/29 Grading/QC

2/11 Shipped/Safe

I would like to know how they choose the order things go at CGC, I sent 2 invoices in one box (Both marked received by CGC 10/22/2014), I received (in my hands) 1 of the invoices on the 14th of last month, While the other still sits at graded.

Others submissions received after mine are being shipped, It makes no sense.

#FIFO! :banana: