• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

Modern slowboat submission #8

(What the *spoon* was I thinking)

Received:11/19/14

Verified: 1/07/15

Scheduled for Grading: 1/15/15

Graded: 1/24/14

Grading/Quality Control: 2/13/15

I still have 192 pre screen Modern and Value tiers comics received in October that have not shipped yet.

both of these are helpful in making me realize i don't need to start holding my breath about receiving my books for another month at least.

Still waiting for a batch of Modern SS from NYCC in October.

Cgc closed today ?

Are they a bank, school, or branch of the federal government? I'm working today, so I anticipate that CGC would probably be working too. It's only President's Day, after all.

Question isn't whether or not they are working its whether or not they would count it as a "business day" ;)

Cgc closed today ?

Are they a bank, school, or branch of the federal government? I'm working today, so I anticipate that CGC would probably be working too. It's only President's Day, after all.

Question isn't whether or not they are working its whether or not they would count it as a "business day" ;)

They were working - a bunch of my Fast Track invoices were graded today... Including one with your Arrow Season 2.5 #4 (thumbs u

Cgc closed today ?

They were working - a bunch of my Fast Track invoices were graded today... Including one with your Arrow Season 2.5 #4 (thumbs u

Ya I had a few invoices go to "received"

Oh boy :banana: Shall I pay now or you shipping out so wait for shipping price as well lol

Yes CGC was open today. I called about a couple invoices

If it is a weekday and they're open that sounds like a business day to me. I know they sometimes work Saturdays to get caught up (or not fall further behind?) but those wouldn't be a "business day" even if it is a working day.

Since this thread is basically an outlet to krank about CGC and not much of a discussion thread, I suspect my question will go unnoticed but I wonder if the original vision of CGC, the company, was anything like it has evolved into it. One of the original concerns about a grading company for comics was the sheer magnitude of product out there. It's ironic that that most of the current volume is not vintage material but brand new,just released books. Most of the complaints I read about here are Modern Fast Track type of stuff. They should spin the company off into two entities, one for Vintage and one for Modern. I just can't imagine being a CGC grader looking at endless stacks of newly released books, trying to decide if they are a 9.6 or 9.8, all the while hearing nothing but complaints.

Since this thread is basically an outlet to krank about CGC and not much of a discussion thread, I suspect my question will go unnoticed but I wonder if the original vision of CGC, the company, was anything like it has evolved into it. One of the original concerns about a grading company for comics was the sheer magnitude of product out there. It's ironic that that most of the current volume is not vintage material but brand new,just released books. Most of the complaints I read about here are Modern Fast Track type of stuff. They should spin the company off into two entities, one for Vintage and one for Modern. I just can't imagine being a CGC grader looking at endless stacks of newly released books, trying to decide if they are a 9.6 or 9.8, all the while hearing nothing but complaints.

Bob,

Maybe if many collectors (here on these boards are perfect examples) would stop sending in absolute DREK the real comics would get graded. (shrug)

Half the posts now in "this week back from CGC" should be in my new thread which I should start called "This book that shouldn't have been graded by CGC."

Edited by SPECTRE_007

Bob,

Maybe if many collectors (here on these boards are perfect examples) would stop sending in absolute DREK the real comics would get graded. (shrug)

Half the posts now in "this week back from CGC" should be in my new thread which I should start called "This book that shouldn't have been graded by CGC."

Well said. CGC isn't a service for collectors anymore. It exists merely to service the flippers and big auction houses. Sad.

Edited by bomber-bob

Bob,

Well said. CGC isn't a service for collectors anymore. It exists merely to service the flippers and big auction houses. Sad.

When I see you at WW Chicago I might be subbing some of own personal books for a change.

You can come by the booth and ask Bob how his flow is again. lol

Wow.

:eek:

All I can say is, one man's drek is another man's treasure.

-slym

Wow.

-slym

All I can say is you know my personality and most books people get graded are a complete waste of $.

Wow.

-slym

All I can say is you know my personality and most books people get graded are a complete waste of $.

a condition known as Greggitis Plasticitis

Wow.

-slym

I try not to do this, but I can't find the list telling me which ones to grade and which ones to burn in the fire pit in the back yard!

By the way, did you ship my book yet? :baiting:

Dang federal holidays slowing my comic acquisition rate down.

:jokealert:

Wow.

-slym

I try not to do this, but I can't find the list telling me which ones to grade and which ones to burn in the fire pit in the back yard!

By the way, did you ship my book yet? :baiting:

Dang federal holidays slowing my comic acquisition rate down.

:jokealert:

If you collect it, it sucks. If others do it rocks.