• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,967 posts in this topic

I really wanted to get the books that I submitted on March 4th back before June for the judging of my set. I have three books on my invoice that when I get them back will complete my set 100 percent! 187 rare comics and 18 years of collecting them and I have to wait over 60 working days to get the books late for judging. NOT HAPPY. Here is my set I am hoping to win best age and best presentation fingers are crossed!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=14777&SelectedTab=SetListing

Regular Modern

Regular Modern

received 3/2

graded....

Same with me

We've definitely hit the 55 business day mark and are about to go into a holiday weekend so who knows when these will ship out.

Regular Modern

received 3/2

grading/quality control 5/22

Regular Modern

received 3/2

grading/quality control 5/22

Regular Modern

received 3/5

grading/quality control 5/27

I really wanted to get the books that I submitted on March 4th back before June for the judging of my set. I have three books on my invoice that when I get them back will complete my set 100 percent! 187 rare comics and 18 years of collecting them and I have to wait over 60 working days to get the books late for judging. NOT HAPPY. Here is my set I am hoping to win best age and best presentation fingers are crossed!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=14777&SelectedTab=SetListing

Even without those 3 that's an impressive set.

CCS QuickPress + MST Pre-screen

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

:popcorn:

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Scheduled for grading 05/21/15

Graded 5/26

This pre-screen is still moving quickly for some reason. On the other hand, I have a Fast Track received 5/15 that hasn't been Verified yet.

I'm in the same less expensive/rare/impressive boat. My submission has been encapsulated for 1+ weeks as of today, but no word on shipping details yet. There's 1 I'd like to add to registry by the cutoff. Oh well.

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

This pre-screen is still moving quickly for some reason. On the other hand, I have a Fast Track received 5/15 that hasn't been Verified yet.

this might be a stupid question, but when in the process do you actually find out which ones passed the pre-screen? Is after graded? After encapsulated? After they're shipped out?

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

this might be a stupid question, but when in the process do you actually find out which ones passed the pre-screen? Is after graded? After encapsulated? After they're shipped out?

You used to be able to tell once they hit graded because under "Category" it would say "Universal" for those that passed and show a blank for those that didn't. It looks like CGC fixed this so you can't tell until they ship - I'm showing n/a across the board for all my books.

Can anyone else verify this is now the case?

Well, on a positive note, if you don't win first prize for your books, you're pretty much a lock for whining. :)

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

You used to be able to tell once they hit graded because under "Category" it would say "Universal" for those that passed and show a blank for those that didn't. It looks like CGC fixed this so you can't tell until they ship - I'm showing n/a across the board for all my books.

Unless they changed it in the last month, then you can tell when it hits SFG (give it a full day to have the results posted)

kehso3.jpg

This has been sitting at graded for about a month (its a Value tier, with a modern in it).

Ones that passed will say Modern or Universal. I have never had a prescreen with restored books so don't know if it would be posted as well.

Edited by iceman399

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

Unless they changed it in the last month, then you can tell when it hits SFG (give it a full day to have the results posted)

kehso3.jpg

This has been sitting at graded for about a month (its a Value tier, with a modern in it).

Ones that passed will say Modern or Universal. I have never had a prescreen with restored books so don't know if it would be posted as well.

does that mean the books here I'm looking like the hulk and cap did not pass the pre-screen? or just that they haven't been screened yet?

Edited by Revat

I'm in the same less expensive/rare/impressive boat. My submission has been encapsulated for 1+ weeks as of today, but no word on shipping details yet. There's 1 I'd like to add to registry by the cutoff. Oh well.

You should be fine unless you want a pic. Just add the serial number when it is marked shipped.

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

I believe you know which comics passed when they are marked as scheduled for grading. There may be the odd discrepancy but it works for 99% of them.

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

kehso3.jpg

does that mean the books here I'm looking like the hulk and cap did not pass the pre-screen? or just that they haven't been screened yet?

Means they did not pass.

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

kehso3.jpg

Means they did not pass.

Correct those two failed.

Its exciting when you happen to refresh your page for the 10th time one day and see it has switched to SFG and you can watch them pass and fail your books.

Received 4/8/15 - regular modern track submission including my copy of BA12!!

5/21/15 - Verified :o

5/28/15 - Scheduled for Grading

Uh oh, my modern slow prescreen was verified May 22, does that mean I could find out the results by tomorrow???? My wallet and I are so excited!

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

kehso3.jpg

Means they did not pass.

Its exciting when you happen to refresh your page for the 10th time one day and see it has switched to SFG and you can watch them pass and fail your books.

I keep refreshing after 5pm hoping someone is still there burning the midnight oil and working on my books

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

kehso3.jpg

Means they did not pass.

I keep refreshing after 5pm hoping someone is still there burning the midnight oil and working on my books

I've had late night replies to emails from CGC, if you know what I mean...."yes we can send you some sig series forms" and "your books should be mailed out any day now"

Over/Under is 5 months

Received by CCS 04/06/15

Received 05/01/15

Verified 05/18/15.

Graded 5/26

kehso3.jpg

Means they did not pass.

I've had late night replies to emails from CGC, if you know what I mean...."yes we can send you some sig series forms" and "your books should be mailed out any day now"

About 2 weeks ago books "moved" after 7pm EST for me so not unreasonable

Edited by iceman399

My books were marked as shipped last week, but I haven't received any tracking information or a shipment notice. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? I know it usually takes a few days, but it has been a week.