• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,967 posts in this topic

My books were marked as shipped last week, but I haven't received any tracking information or a shipment notice. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? I know it usually takes a few days, but it has been a week.

It's somewhat random on those. I had 7 different subs get shipped back about 3 weeks ago and I received shipment notice for 4 of them (shrug)

So my economy tier books have been sitting as graded for 4 weeks now. Is that normal? I submitted them back in Feb 10. Coming up on 4 months now....that's pretty freaking slow.

Is anyone getting Modern Slow Track (NOT prescreen) anywhere even close to the stated 55 business day turn?

Mine are at 47 business days right now and still only at Scheduled For Grading, which given how long the other stages take means I'm looking at something north of 70 business days and nothing even remotely close to the 55 they have on the website.

Is anyone getting Modern Slow Track (NOT prescreen) anywhere even close to the stated 55 business day turn?

Mine are at 47 business days right now and still only at Scheduled For Grading, which given how long the other stages take means I'm looking at something north of 70 business days and nothing even remotely close to the 55 they have on the website.

that is correct

Submitted 4 titles in Standard Grade with CGC Coupon...invoice dated 05/12/15...

Shipped/Safe today 06/01/15...that's exactly 15 days...14 days if you allow for the

Holiday.

:applause::applause::applause:

mm

that is correct

:facepalm::frustrated::censored:

So anyone know what the real TATs are for MST with no prescreen?

that is correct

:facepalm::frustrated::censored:

So anyone know what the real TATs are for MST with no prescreen?

if you email CGC politely about your actual order, they'll give you real-time realistic estimates on how much longer your order will take. But yes I think its now running at a bit more than 3 months.

I was going to ask this myself. I have MST that's been stuck in QC forever. Invoice date is 2/26, so I think we're past 55 business days on that one.

Regular Modern

Regular Modern

received 3/2

graded....

Same with me

We've definitely hit the 55 business day mark and are about to go into a holiday weekend so who knows when these will ship out.

Regular Modern

received 3/2

grading/quality control 5/22

Regular Modern

received 3/2

shipped/safe 6/1

Regular Modern

Regular Modern

received 3/2

graded....

Same with me

We've definitely hit the 55 business day mark and are about to go into a holiday weekend so who knows when these will ship out.

Regular Modern

received 3/2

shipped/safe 6/1

Regular Modern

received 3/2

#FIFO

Hopefully my 2/26 invoice will ship sometime this week. :boo:

I don't think it's likely that TAT will get significantly better. They're still getting more and more business. The TAT is obviously not adversely affecting their revenue or order numbers, so what's the incentive to speed up TAT or invest more capital in employees or equipment to accelerate something that, business-wise, isn't a problem to their revenue stream or driving customers away? If it starts hitting their bottom line by losing customers to the competition or just driving people away from grading/pressing or slabbing in general, that's when you'll see the kind of improvements on TAT to win back customers or prevent additional losses.

Granted, one could certainly argue they they're limiting themselves & the current TAT hinders their growth & that they'd see even greater increases in customer base & revenue if they improved their TAT back to the advertised TAT, but that's not really something you could easily or reliably prove. It's pure conjecture. And on the business side? That's all that matters for when attempting to justify those kinds of significant capital investments of additional employees, space, or equipment/machines necessary to speed up TAT.