• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

TAT has its ups and downs. Like every year (and growing year after year), we are in prime con season right now - which slows things greatly from about March to August if I'm accurate on that. Sub in November and you'll likely have no issues with TAT.

TAT has its ups and downs. Like every year (and growing year after year), we are in prime con season right now - which slows things greatly from about March to August if I'm accurate on that. Sub in November and you'll likely have no issues with TAT.

I will leave others to comment on that doh!

No I know what you mean. Just razzing.

I mainly do MST PS. It seems to take about 3.5 months all the time now. In the fall it might be 5 days shorter... In the grand scheme of things that is nothing to brag about.

Last one from Feb 16 took till yesterday, which by my count is 76 business days (not including the odd con/holiday). So just at the start of the con season.

Previous was Jan 7 and took 75 business days, so no benefit there either.

Previous was Nov 3 and took 83 business days, now there is a few extra holidays so no better.

I wish my October/September invoices were displayed but they are cleared out for being 6 months back.

Currently have one from April 13 and its STILL at received 37 business days later.

Reholder

Received/Verified 6/1

Shipped/Safe 6/3

Is this for real?!?!?!?!

:o

reholders go fast. If there weren't a lot of other reholders in the queue at the same time, they go even faster.

Reholder

Received/Verified 6/1

Shipped/Safe 6/3

Is this for real?!?!?!?!

:o

reholders go fast. If there weren't a lot of other reholders in the queue at the same time, they go even faster.

Makes you wonder why it takes so long to encapsulate books once they've been graded. hm

I dropped one off at MegaCon for pressing and grading with the normal turn-around. Any idea of when I might get it? I am not a member of a club, so have no way to check progress.

As an aside...ya'll should dabble in the collectible currency market. I've seen turn around times of more than a year when they run special rates.

Steve

I dropped one off at MegaCon for pressing and grading with the normal turn-around. Any idea of when I might get it? I am not a member of a club, so have no way to check progress.

As an aside...ya'll should dabble in the collectible currency market. I've seen turn around times of more than a year when they run special rates.

Steve

assuming you used CCS for pressing, I think you can safely expect it in 8 months, 7 months if you're a bit lucky.

Edited by Revat

Update:

Coupon Submission

Received: 4/20

Verified: 4/21

Scheduled: 5/7

Graded: 5/12

QC: 5/14 am

Shipped/Safe: 5/14 pm

- Grades were essentially spot on to what I thought. One slightly higher, one slightly lower -

C2E2 Submission - MFTSS

Closed out invoice at con - 4/25

Received - 5/04

Verified - 5/20

Scheduled for Grading - 5/22

Graded - 5/27

QC - 6/2

Shipped/Safe: 6/4 AM.

Again, grades spot on IMO. The 1 book I thought might hit 9.6 if being harsh did just that :/

Grading is tight right now as others have said, but accurate.

New subs--they might make my estimated 7-1-15 return date, but I doubt it...

--slow value--17 comics....rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-10-15...

--slow economy--5 comics...rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-8-15.....

---------I may be dreaming, but I thought we used to be able to determine the color of the holder after things hit graded, even though we couldn't see the grades.....now everything is n/a...

New subs--they might make my estimated 7-1-15 return date, but I doubt it...

--slow value--17 comics....rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-10-15...

--slow economy--5 comics...rec'd 3-23-15...verified 5-21-15..sceduled 6-4-15...graded 6-8-15.....

---------I may be dreaming, but I thought we used to be able to determine the color of the holder after things hit graded, even though we couldn't see the grades.....now everything is n/a...

You weren't dreaming, once they hit graded you got to see label color (at least on my most recent subs within the past year). That may be another recent change, which would be annoying. Every time this process changes it takes away a little more information...

Modern Slow Track, 19 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 4/23

Scheduled for grading 4/30

Graded 6/2

Economy Slow Track, 3 books

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 5/21

Scheduled for grading 6/3

Graded 6/8

Interesting hm I have two that are 3/23 and 3/24 modern slow still sitting at Graded. Did everyone send books in that day? :lol:

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 4/23

Graded 6/2

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 5/21

Graded 6/8

Interesting hm I have two that are 3/23 and 3/24 modern slow still sitting at Graded. Did everyone send books in that day? :lol:

I have 5 in Modern submitted on 3/26 sitting at Graded!

mm

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 4/23

Graded 6/2

Rec'd 3/23

Verified 5/21

Graded 6/8

I have 5 in Modern submitted on 3/26 sitting at Graded!

mm

can u actually see your grades at 'graded'?