• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

Just an update: *Edit: Economy fast track

Delivered:06/09

SFG:06/15

Grading/QC: 07/19

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 07/23

Moon Knight 1 5/14 Marvel Comics Sienkiewicz Variant Cover
9.8 WHITE
Wolverine: Origins 10 3/07 Marvel Comics Retailer Incentive Edition
9.4 WHITE
NYX 3 2/04 Marvel Comics
9.6 WHITE
I am a little surprised by the Wolverine book, but otherwise I guessed about right. My grader notes indicated only flaws on the back cover (which I neglected to thoroughly inspect) for the 9.4 and 9.6 so lesson learned for the next submission. I have multiples of the NYX and Moon Knight so I am definetly happy.
Edited by dustin.moffitt85
Update submissin type

On 7/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

my 9 book modern non fast track was "delivered" today.... the 7/22/19 so heres hoping for a bit faster check in time :wishluck: 

9 book modern non fast track cgc received 7/23/19 current estimated tat was bumped up from 22 days to 25 now the tuesday after sdcc

22 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

25 Books for Modern Pre-Screen at a 9.8 - Update:

Delivered to CGC on 5/21

Scheduled for Grading on 5/29

Credit Card charged on 6/7 for the full amount (as if all 25 were 9.8's - I called and they said they'd refund the money once all is said and done. Is that weird to anyone?)

Grading/Quality Control on 7/19

Only 3 rejects showing so far. I'm hoping that of the 22 remaining, they all stay at 9.8 (or higher, lol).  The highest the TAT got during this period was 57 days; lowest, 40.  Now it sits at 42.

Will update when they ship.

Finalized on 7/24

22 out of 25 at 9.8's.  Came in under the current 42 day TAT.  For my first prescreen submission, I'm super stoked with 88% meeting the mark.

3 hours ago, Drummeraa said:

Finalized on 7/24

22 out of 25 at 9.8's.  Came in under the current 42 day TAT.  For my first prescreen submission, I'm super stoked with 88% meeting the mark.

What happened with them charging the full grading fees for all 25? Did they refund the 3? I haven't seen this from them before and am curious if I should be expecting this on my pre-screens going forward.

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

What happened with them charging the full grading fees for all 25? Did they refund the 3? I haven't seen this from them before and am curious if I should be expecting this on my pre-screens going forward.

Nothing yet.  I'll reply back when they do. 

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

No rejects. 37/37 9.8 but expecting a couple over that.

Recap:

Received by CGC 7/15

SFG: 7/16

QC: 7/22

Shipped Safe 7/24

9.9 x7 :banana:

so it was a "prescreen" and only took about 10 days?

19 minutes ago, I like pie said:

7 business days!

I'm assuming you fast tracked? I never understood this part. When you fast track a pre-screen, it goes by the fast track TAT and not the pre-screen TAT? Or some hybrid in between the 2? It doesn't make sense that a pre-screen fast track would be as fast as a normal modern fast track but it looks like it is.

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:
22 minutes ago, I like pie said:

7 business days!

I'm assuming you fast tracked? I never understood this part. When you fast track a pre-screen, it goes by the fast track TAT and not the pre-screen TAT? Or some hybrid in between the 2? It doesn't make sense that a pre-screen fast track would be as fast as a normal modern fast track but it looks like it is.

TO my knowledge, there IS NO "fast-track" offerred for prescreen... that's what threw me off, but here is the link and it's not listed ....

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, I like pie said:

You can submit pre screen fast track via the online forms(shrug)

Cool! Thanks! I've never done it, that's why I wasn't going to say anything.... lol 7 days TAT, you'd think that they'd advertise that nugget of gold :roflmao: 

Just now, I like pie said:
2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool! Thanks! I've never done it, that's why I wasn't going to say anything.... lol 7 days TAT, you'd think that they'd advertise that nugget of gold :roflmao: 

It was faster than normal. I am guessing they pushed to get stuff out before the SDCC stuff hit.

That makes sense :) my 9 book was entered next day after "received", I'm hoping it'll still be first in first out, since it was "received" yesterday.... hope to somewhat beat the SDCC rush :wishluck: