• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, Nazirite said:

Delivered: April 15, 2021

Modern Fast: 7 books

Standard: 2 books

fyi: modern fast just went up from 27 to 29 days

Standard from 20 to 23 days

Schedule for Grading: May 24, 2021

Modern Fast : 7 books 

Standard: 2 books

16 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Anyone get any books imaged by CGC recently? How long after shipping did it take for you to receive the images? 

When I asked this same question about 8 months ago the answer was exactly 1 week after books are shipped. It held true in my case, but I assume these days it'll be delayed more.

2 minutes ago, sagekilz said:
On 5/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, sagekilz said:

Submission received by CGC 2/23/2021

62 business days

Submission received by CGC 2/23/2021

64 business days

would help if we knew what tier and ft or not :shy: 

Modern slow 

3/26

still received, which I assume is normal, although it was delivered 3/4.......

so that was before cgc had this package delivery tracker and before the TAT was updated to include the delivery date......

so lol it's either been 40 days, or around 55 idk and have no idea :ohnoez: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

55 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Modern slow 

3/26

still received, which I assume is normal, although it was delivered 3/4.......

so that was before cgc had this package delivery tracker and before the TAT was updated to include the delivery date......

so lol it's either be 40 days, or around 55 idk and have no idea :ohnoez: 

It's unchartered territory at this point. We're in no-man's land. It's so odd going a full 1.5 months without one single update, even though I have 14 separate submissions at CGC. CGC is still opening packages from the week of April 12th. Can you imagine how much worse it'll get after they start opening packages from after their price increase announcement?  I have a feeling it'll be 2.5 months before my May 3rd delivered package is marked as received.

Edited by skybolt

I wonder what the dollar value of books sitting in CGC's possession at the moment is. :ohnoez: Which then makes me wonder what safety systems they have in place if there is a fire. Do they have one of those fancy systems that doesn't just rain water down that would potentially ruin the book?

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

I wonder what the dollar value of books sitting in CGC's possession at the moment is. :ohnoez: Which then makes me wonder what safety systems they have in place if there is a fire. Do they have one of those fancy systems that doesn't just rain water down that would potentially ruin the book?

Let’s find out, I have the perfect team.C840089D-D7E3-4F4C-9FAF-F0CE54904F0F.thumb.jpeg.c2d8bbc0f23d8d9dc153233b1223e973.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

I think they should change the times to something broader.  It would set more realistic expectations and eliminate the confusion about working days.

TAT_change.thumb.jpg.1f670b49de34fb48011b848120bc5596.jpg

I generally agree, but since I've had no updates on my submissions for a very long time, the TAT changes show me that there's someone with a pulse on the other side.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Oooh fancy Halon release? That'd be nice, but I sincerely doubt as that's intended for (typically) unmanned locations like industrial control rooms or datacenter server rooms where personnel work primarily in a non-Halon fire control location. 

6 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Oooh fancy Halon release? That'd be nice, but I sincerely doubt as that's intended for (typically) unmanned locations like industrial control rooms or datacenter server rooms where personnel work primarily in a non-Halon fire control location. 

It would be interesting to hear what their strategy is. While obviously a fire would be horrific, releasing all that water on the entire warehouse would be pretty bad as well.