• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The math of 1 million books in 2 years

52 posts in this topic

I don't know why you would think modern books can be graded much faster than older books. You still have to count every page, examine them for staple weakness and most of the otherr things you need do for regular books.

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I don't believe Moderns are subjected to a page count.

:o let's tear a page out of a modern and submit it! :idea:

I don't know why you would think modern books can be graded much faster than older books. You still have to count every page, examine them for staple weakness and most of the otherr things you need do for regular books.

I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I don't believe Moderns are subjected to a page count.

:o let's tear a page out of a modern and submit it! :idea:

Just like that 0.5 Modern PLOD missing a page that is a couple of posts up.

I remember reading this in a thread here. (thumbs u

I would LOVE to see the 2000-2009 book that came back a 0.5 PLOD! :wishluck:

What in the hell happened to that book that someone thought it was worthy of submitting but came back a restored 0.5?!? hm

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

Might be a fun contest to see who can submit the lamest, low grade book for grading.

What in the hell happened to that book that someone thought it was worthy of submitting but came back a restored 0.5?!? hm

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

Might be a fun contest to see who can submit the lamest, low grade book for grading.

That person already won the contest! :gossip:

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

You give up too easy.

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

You give up too easy.

Good luck topping that train wreck!!! :wishluck:

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

You give up too easy.

My guess would be that they submitted it as a joke or it has some incredible personal significance and they wanted to make sure it was preserved. I can think of a few scenarios where I would be inclined to submit a book like that.

Unfortunately, they just encapsulated book #1,000,001, so the next million is going to take a little while to get back to us........

lol

Serious question aside...

Dale, how many books a month on average do you submit to CGC? I'm just curious as I have this theory that it's mostly major dealers and auction houses sending CGC the bulk of submissions and that individual customers like myself makes up a smaller percentage of actual number of books graded.

To clarify...I'm thinking GA/SA/BA books specifically.

\I am thinking your corect a large % of books are new never opened high grade so all they need to look for is it 9.6 or up

If your a grading team and you get 30/40 never touched 9.8 books from beach bum I would think you could deside how many are 9.9 or 10 in 1/2 hr or 2 a minute ?

so

8hr=480 minutes so 8/9 hundred modern new books a day ?

yyyyl1AP0y5.jpg

You give up too easy.

My guess would be that they submitted it as a joke or it has some incredible personal significance and they wanted to make sure it was preserved. I can think of a few scenarios where I would be inclined to submit a book like that.

What?!? I'm scared to even hear what those scenarios could possibly be!!! :o

It HAD to be a joke :wishluck: