• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS MEGA THREAD
1 1

211 posts in this topic

Very cool and congrats man!

BUT and a BIG BUT... How in the HELL did the grade jump from a 9.6 to a 9.8? Oh wait, sorry I forgot, the grading is not a science but highly subjective in the eyes of the beholder! [wink...wink...]

Edited by Roanry

Awesome sketches! :applause: Who drew that last slave leia? :cloud9:

As for the grade bump, I used the force named Joel Elad to get that. ;)

Thanks! Had a great time watching all three get created over the three days @ PHXCC.

Jen Broomall created the last slave Leia. Funny story with that one. I dropped all 3 blanks off the minute I got there on Friday morning @ 10 when the doors opened. I told all three artists take their time and I would get them before COB on Sunday. I stopped by Jen's booth on Saturday and she still hadn't started. Came by by end of day that same day and she still hadn't started. I stopped by around 2pm on Sunday and her booth was gone! No Jen to be found. The artists next to her said that she had left it with them and she had worked on it that night and then had to catch an early flight that morning. Such a cool girl for sure as I for sure thought that my blank and potential sketch was done for!

Here are my new ones I just picked up this last weekend while @ PHXCC

StarWarsSketch_AndyCarreon_zps509123a5.jpg

I think this one is awesome! Love it :applause::whee:

Thanks man!

Just got that one back from CGC and others last week! Here they are!

Scan-130629-0017_zps07fd9d3f.jpg

Scan-130629-0019_zpsf38f7634.jpg

Scan-130629-0015_zpsf1ef020b.jpg

Scan-130629-0013_zps6529061f.jpg

Scan-130629-0011_zpsde81261f.jpg

Scan-130629-0009_zps2574c3f1.jpg

Scan-130629-0005_zpscc4bd04c.jpg

This one I was lucky enough to just pick up!

Scan-130629-0001_zpsa64bc11f.jpg

Congrats on those sketches! :acclaim:

Where did you get those Zahn sigs, those are pretty cool. (thumbs u

Thanks! Zahn was at PHXCC this year and signing anything you wanted to throw at him for free! I had brought some old comics I had purchased 10+ years ago and read and didn't have time to get better copies. I was able to find two there at the show at a local retailers booth. Hence why those got a 9.6 and the others didn't. I was very surprised that they were graded so high! I wasn't expecting that to happen! :)

Awesome books Krypton! :applause:

Thanks for posting. (thumbs u I love a lot of the covers on the original Marvel run. :cloud9:

(thumbs u I have some more I will try to upload tonight. The original Marvel run is my favorite indeed with respect to cover art.