• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS MEGA THREAD
1 1

211 posts in this topic

I've got recent autographs where Dave Prowse has wrote just Dave Prowse, and not IS DARTH VADER... and as for Kenny Baker, I do think peoples sigs can evolve... Just look at Charlie Adlards older signatures for example...

indexR.jpg

His older ones look even different. This isn't the best example, I just can't find any in work lol

[font:Book Antiqua]

Welcome back Roanry,

where have you been?

[/font]

:hi:

lol Thanks Magnus. My life has been sucked into the blackness they call BF4 on the PS4! All of my pals from the past who I played BF2 with skipped BF3 and waited for the PS4 to come out with BF4. So there you have it. I won't lie, I have missed getting on here and just now catching up. So really cool books been posted lately.

But back to these posters. I have three that are signed by various members. My fav. being the one signed by Lucas and Ford. I got all three over 18 years ago when I was in the service and in Europe.

How have you guys been? Happy New Year!

So not a comic but definitely one of my prize Star Wars pieces.

CBA7CE2B-463B-4712-89A0-BCB2C42FD5AF_zpsphlvhyr2.jpg

Signed By:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Harrison Ford

George Lucas

John Williams (composer)

Billy Dee Williams

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

I would agree. The signatures look a bit off. Only way to be certain to maintain credibility and value is to get it authenticated via PSA/DNA: http://www.psacard.com/Services/AutographAuthentication

John Williams and Dave Prowse autographs are the ones that are sending up major red flags because they are very clean most of their autographs I have seen are very messy.

So the signatures are over 20 years old which explains some of the "inconsistencies".

I also have other signatures of john williams which are similar.

Feel free to google Nick Maley who worked on the original Star Wars films as well as other films. I met Nick and built a relationship with him and was able to buy this from him at a time when he was selling off some of his memorabilia. He has quite a few pieces he put together over the years of the early press tours and conventions that are even more impressive than this.

Congrats on a sweet poster. (thumbs u All you need now is James Earl Jones and Frank Oz. :wishluck:

Edited by mr_highgrade

So not a comic but definitely one of my prize Star Wars pieces.

CBA7CE2B-463B-4712-89A0-BCB2C42FD5AF_zpsphlvhyr2.jpg

Signed By:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Harrison Ford

George Lucas

John Williams (composer)

Billy Dee Williams

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

I would agree. The signatures look a bit off. Only way to be certain to maintain credibility and value is to get it authenticated via PSA/DNA: http://www.psacard.com/Services/AutographAuthentication

John Williams and Dave Prowse autographs are the ones that are sending up major red flags because they are very clean most of their autographs I have seen are very messy.

So the signatures are over 20 years old which explains some of the "inconsistencies".

I also have other signatures of john williams which are similar.

Feel free to google Nick Maley who worked on the original Star Wars films as well as other films. I met Nick and built a relationship with him and was able to buy this from him at a time when he was selling off some of his memorabilia. He has quite a few pieces he put together over the years of the early press tours and conventions that are even more impressive than this.

Congrats on a sweet poster. (thumbs u All you need now is James Earl Jones and Frank Oz. :wish luck:

Thanks. I definitely want to add Jones, Daniels, and Bulloch. Jones is hard to get.

I was able to reach Neal right at the beginning of Friday and he took it with him to work on that night. I spent quite a bit of time talking to him so I think he took more time on this sketch. Plus, he liked the character request, which was a change from the usual superheroes he sketches.

Star Wars 1 signed by Peter Mayhew and artist Tom Palmer :cloud9:

<a  href=010_zps3295dee1.jpg' alt='010_zps3295dee

My favorite issue in the entire original Marvel run. Star Wars 63 signed by cover artist Tom Palmer :cloud9::acclaim: I love this cover!

<a  href=011_zps1382f820.jpg' alt='011_zps1382f82