• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS MEGA THREAD
1 1

211 posts in this topic

It was signed at many different times and some of the sigs are over 20 years old.

I have multiple Harrison Ford, George Lucas sigs and they are each a little different.

The previous owner of the poster has some very rare Star Wars stuff including an idea book that Lucas handed out to the creative team and there is supposed to be only 10 of them. It was really cool to look at as it had hand drawn sketches from Lucas as he envisioned some of the characters and ships.

So not a comic but definitely one of my prize Star Wars pieces.

CBA7CE2B-463B-4712-89A0-BCB2C42FD5AF_zpsphlvhyr2.jpg

Signed By:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Harrison Ford

George Lucas

John Williams (composer)

Billy Dee Williams

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

I would agree. The signatures look a bit off. Only way to be certain to maintain credibility and value is to get it authenticated via PSA/DNA: http://www.psacard.com/Services/AutographAuthentication

Signed By:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Harrison Ford

George Lucas

John Williams (composer)

Billy Dee Williams

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

I would agree. The signatures look a bit off. Only way to be certain to maintain credibility and value is to get it authenticated via PSA/DNA: http://www.psacard.com/Services/AutographAuthentication

John Williams and Dave Prowse autographs are the ones that are sending up major red flags because they are very clean most of their autographs I have seen are very messy.

Signed By:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Harrison Ford

George Lucas

John Williams (composer)

Billy Dee Williams

Peter Mayhew

Ian McDiarmid

John Williams and Dave Prowse autographs are the ones that are sending up major red flags because they are very clean most of their autographs I have seen are very messy.

So the signatures are over 20 years old which explains some of the "inconsistencies".

I also have other signatures of john williams which are similar.

Feel free to google Nick Maley who worked on the original Star Wars films as well as other films. I met Nick and built a relationship with him and was able to buy this from him at a time when he was selling off some of his memorabilia. He has quite a few pieces he put together over the years of the early press tours and conventions that are even more impressive than this.

what makes the prowse suspect is the fact that prowse always signs dave prowse is darth vader on star wars memorbilia. In this case he just signed his name. The kenny baker is alittle off also. I have 5 baker autographs and none of them look like this one. I know my autographs are authentic as I am the one who obtained them. Not saying the poster is fake. Just questionable. also that poster would have been folded not rolled unless it is a re issue. I see no fold marks. Just some things to look for.

So, from a picture, some of these signatures are suspect, even knowing that they are 30 years old? This is one of the very few times that the Sig Room lets me down.

Yes David Prowse signs "is Darth Vader" now, and he has since his entire career became the convention circuit. In 1982 when they wrapped up Jedi, he was just Dave Prowse, and he probably was hoping that he was going to get a lot more work, and not just be the guy in the black suit.

Signatures can vary wildly in 30 years. They also will be much more carefully and artfully done in certain circumstances. All that can be honestly said is that there are slight apparent differences in the signatures shown on the poster and the signatures obtained in the last several years.

There is no cause, and no evidence, to call the guy's poster "suspect" twice.