• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Collapse of the Original Comic Art Market

246 posts in this topic

Is there an echo in here?

Hitting CTRL+C and then CTRL+V is far easier than attempting and failing, continuously, which There should go They're and Their.

Ok "Captain Australia". Can you give one example to back up your strong assertions? Or are you just going to continue to make subjective statements with zero facts to back anything up.

Obviously there's all kinds of "funny" stuff that goes on in the hobby but a "COLLAPSE" on the horizon?

Cmon...

Ken

Is The Original Comic Art Market REALLY ready to crash, many believe it is, what’s your opinion ?

think someone had a mini-stroke here....

Anyone out in Australia around to check and make sure this guys not a vegetable by now?

Good question sir, my extensive dealings with non-on-line auction houses has directed me to this issue, some now refuse to except auctions for Original Comic Art as the reserve is most times unrealistic and items are more often than not turned in (waste of time), I followed this up with not just ebay results but the examination of Comic Art that had still been listed for over one year, my results show that while almost all dealers push the idea that a crash is never going to happen (of cause they would), that in truth The Original Comic Art Market has in fact peeked and signs of a crash are evident.

Buying Original Comic Art NOW is risky, if the art is purchased just as an investment, buying for self pleasure does not contain a problem.

I don't think buying original 'PUBLISHED' Comic Art is risky if you have done your homework, considered the cost benefit and love the art you buy through a sense of nostalgia. Buying recreations and reproductions, now that makes me :eek: lot of shenanigans going on in THAT subset of the OA market.

Is The Original Comic Art Market REALLY ready to crash, many believe it is, what’s your opinion ?

think someone had a mini-stroke here....

Anyone out in Australia around to check and make sure this guys not a vegetable by now?

The speed in Australia must be good. Round the clock for how many hours now?

Now is NOT the time to buy Original Comic Art light box inked pieces passed off as the work of another artist for investment.

FIXED!!!

What part has caf and “some” of it’s members played in the crash ? any opinion ?

Well there was one guy. He kept on trying to pass of Royer pieces as Kirby pieces.

He also tried to pass of a piece that was all Buckler as a Steranko original.

That guy played a HUGE role in the crash of his own CAF account and his personal reputation.

He's only got himself to blame regardless of protestations to the contrary.

members sell ALL kinds of Original Comic Art via it's site BUT who sets the rules ?

Various law enforcement agencies who have laws against fraud, and theft by deception I would assume.

It's never ok to pass off a piece as the work of one artist when that artist never laid a single pencil line or ink line down on that piece. It's even illegal.

this thread should be closed.

No one should be wasting their time responding to this guy/girl/whoever it is.

Aww Man...what good is a rabid delusional wallaby if you can't poke it with a stick and make it froth and skitter about? :sorry: