• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?

Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?

65 posts in this topic

I don't even know what the heck it was about really lol

It was about the good guys beating up the bad guys. Kinda like Batman, but only way better.

I felt like I was watching a Michael Bay movie. That's definitely not a good thing.

- An action scene that was all over the screen, that lasted quite a while, in the middle of NY and had all sorts of flying across the screen which you couldn't even tell what was going on half the time. Not to mention things that weren't even believable (Hawkeye's amount of arrows).

- The comic relief at every turn.

- The cheesy-ness of the Hulk-Loki beatdown. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that... I laughed too... but it was severly, severly cheesy and the type of thing we will look back at 10 years from now and roll our eyes (like much of Spiderman #1 and #2).

To me, the action in Avengers went with the film, and caused little distraction. The Belladonna-sized plot holes in TDKR were constantly distracting to me - to each their own, I suppose. We're definitely two types of movie viewers!

I was thinking about this poll, and it got me wondering, did everyone who voted actually see all the films before voting?

Given Dredd's dismal box office opening I would venture a guess that a great many voters have not seen all of the films on the list, thereby invalidating those votes as being tainted with half-cocked-osity.

I was thinking about this poll, and it got me wondering, did everyone who voted actually see all the films before voting?

Given Dredd's dismal box office opening I would venture a guess that a great many voters have not seen all of the films on the list, thereby invalidating those votes as being tainted with half-cocked-osity.

I saw 3 of the 4 movies (didnt see Dredd yet along with the rest of America) and used crack :baiting:

:o Good God, man!

This is Comics General! This is no place for logic nor common sense! ;)

I've seen 'em all and still voted Avengers.

TDKR was ok (no where near as good as TDK, about as good as BB IMO), Dredd was pretty good (but just pales beside The Raid, which was really very similar in tone and plot), but the Avengers just had it all!

Less said about the Amazing Spidery-man the better.

Avengers, only movie I've paid to see multiple times since Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

DKR was okay, but was nowhere near as good as the Dark Knight. I'm still waiting for Batman to show up in the film.

Amazing Spider-Man was good but not great, and the origin stuff just seemed like a bad rehash. Movie can't be great if half your footage has been done before.

Oh YEAH!!!!!!

This is an unfair poll Wally...

options one and two are practically the same thing!

The best single shot in the whole Avengers film was not Hulk smashing Loki, but in fact the slow zoom into Scarlett's butt crack like the pov of an x-wing pilot going down the death star trench.

I demand to be able to vote for Scarlett's buttcrack.

That being said I wouldn't mind giving Anne's Catwoman a bowl o cream

TDKR hands down...

Can't really see how it's loosing on votes! :o

I think Bats fans treat this movie very much like Return of the King. Everyone's pants exploded over that movie and all the accolades that followed it, when it's just not as good as the previous two.

But, let me also add that the LOTR is one of the greatest cinematic film efforts of all time, and I love each and every movie. I just think ROTK was not nearly as good as everyone has convinced themselves that it is. I feel people are doing that with TDKR. 2c

I do agree (and I've made that comparison before) that TDKR was like Return of the King inferior to the other two previous movies.

That being said I think as far as movie experiences go TDKR was above the Avengers. The Avengers movie was just a 120 minutes (?) of fight sequences... It wasn't bad, it was just different as far as superhero movies go.

Plus, I have the biggest crush on Anne Hathaway... :gossip:

So my vote might not fully count, but you have to take in a few other scenarios here. With an infant in the household, the few nights my wife and I get together alone we just aren't going to go sit in a movie theater where we can't have an adult conversation. Thus, my usual movie partner is my 8 year old daughter. Thus, The Dark Knight Rises is just not appropriate. I'm sure when I see it I will be blown away, but that can't happen until it comes out on home video. I will probably buy it the day it comes out, like I plan to do tomorrow with Avengers.

Having said that, I was just blown away by the Avengers movie. It captured the Marvel Universe so well, and I loved the way the characters were portrayed. My daughter also really enjoyed watching on the lead in movies to build the anticipation.

ASM was awful, and this is coming from a life long Spider-Man reader and collector. It sits right ahead of Spider-Man 3 as the second worst Spidey movie.

I think Bats fans treat this movie very much like Return of the King. Everyone's pants exploded over that movie and all the accolades that followed it, when it's just not as good as the previous two.

As I said above, haven't seen the new Bats movie. However, I can't agree more with your point about Return of the King. As a LOTR fan, it felt like the weakest movie in the trilogy. The Extended Cut does add to it a bit, but the feeling I had after the first two just isn't/wasn't there.

The Avengers really?

It was basically Fantastic Four (battle in NY with the sky opening up) and Michael Bay's Transformers merging into 1 long epic battle scene and trying to be funny throughout. I don't even know what the heck it was about really lol

no it wasn't. not even close. both of the movies you mentioned were horrible. avengers was excellent.

I don't even know what the heck it was about really lol

It was about the good guys beating up the bad guys. Kinda like Batman, but only way better.

- The cheesy-ness of the Hulk-Loki beatdown. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that... I laughed too... but it was severly, severly cheesy and the type of thing we will look back at 10 years from now and roll our eyes (like much of Spiderman #1 and #2).

spiderman #1 & 2 were great films. #3 was the one that sucked.