• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: What generation are you

Which "generation" are you?  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which "generation" are you?

22 posts in this topic

As a collector from "generation Y" I hope that there will be more people my age to sustain the hobby in the future. There has certainly been a larger interest in comics as of late but when it comes to serious collectors who go after silverage stuff I don't really see many people my age investing in the hobby.

Yeah, but the way the poll is set up with those breakdowns might not be the best indicator. I'd guess the majority of SA collectors would be born between 1955 -1970.

I was born in '67 and my cousin was born in '82. That makes us both Gen Xers?

Calling BS on that lol

Yeah, but the way the poll is set up with those breakdowns might not be the best indicator. I'd guess the majority of SA collectors would be born between 1955 -1970.

Calling BS on that lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

I almost did not answer in this poll.

While my initial collecting, and the bulk of my comics are SILVER AGE, I finished most of what I am looking for there, and moved on to GOLD perhaps a decade ago.

I suspect that I am similar to many. Started off collecting stuff from when I was a kid, and then moved backwards from there.

I must be on the cusp since I was born in 1955

As the poll originator, I'm surprised at the details too. Once we've had a bit longer for everyone to answer, I may break down the age cohorts a little more finely.

I used the generations as defined by Wikipedia.

I have a reason for asking the question that I'll follow up with.

Thanks for the great responses.

Calling BS on that lol

yeah, I know but I'm still calling BS. The differences in life experience between someone born in ' 67 as opposed to someone born in ' 82 are pretty significant. The dates seem pretty arbitrary

Calling BS on that lol

yeah, I know but I'm still calling BS. The differences in life experience between someone born in ' 67 as opposed to someone born in ' 82 are pretty significant. The dates seem pretty arbitrary

J'agree. In my world, gen x means born in the 70s.

I disagree. I'd say the "ideal" for a Silver Age collector would have been to be born in 1950-51 so that he was there for Flash 105 hitting the newstands in 1959 and the intros of Green Lantern and the other new heroes in Showcase and Brave & the Bold.

:preach: