• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with MYCOMICSHOP?

113 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anyone has had problematic dealings with them before. I just introduced a friend to comics and have been giving her reading assigments. She purchased some inexpensive books (preacher) from them, but they got the address wrong and the books were sent back. Apparently when she tried to get them to resend them to the correct address the replies she recieved were very rude and unproffessional.

I don't really buy anything from them because the prices are usually for suckers and when I've tried to find reasonable ground by emailing them, I've been met with curt answers like "our prices our fixed" or a simple "no."

I found a few boardies mention them (none with kind words) and was curious if this is a habit for them. I feel bad because I'm trying to introduce someone to the hobby and this is leaving a bad taste in her mouth.

The power of the pen can help and if this isn't refelctive of a few scattered and isolated incidents I'd like to out the nefarious up-to-no-gooders.

-B

I'm curious if anyone has had problematic dealings with them before. I just introduced a friend to comics and have been giving her reading assigments. She purchased some inexpensive books (preacher) from them, but they got the address wrong and the books were sent back. Apparently when she tried to get them to resend them to the correct address the replies she recieved were very rude and unproffessional.

I don't really buy anything from them because the prices are usually for suckers and when I've tried to find reasonable ground by emailing them, I've been met with curt answers like "our prices our fixed" or a simple "no."

I found a few boardies mention them (none with kind words) and was curious if this is a habit for them. I feel bad because I'm trying to introduce someone to the hobby and this is leaving a bad taste in her mouth.

The power of the pen can help and if this isn't refelctive of a few scattered and isolated incidents I'd like to out the nefarious up-to-no-gooders.

-B

Actually their SA asking prices on EBay are consistently lower than 95% of other fixed listings for the same books? Plus they ship fast and securely and are a pleasure to deal with those bastiches. :eyeroll:

MyComicShop have proven themselves, time and again, to be a trustworthy seller.

:popcorn:

If there was a misunderstanding with your friend, I'm sure Conan will be along shortly to clear things up.

:popcorn:

Like a fly to a turd.

lol

The owner's son is on this messageboard and he was responsible for the technological aspects of the site. He seems pretty responsive to problems and can probably help address shipping issues or customer service issues. (thumbs u

I've had nothing but great dealings with MCS as both a buyer and a seller. I'm sure if you have a problem it can be dealt with. (thumbs u

The owner's son is on this messageboard and he was responsible for the technological aspects of the site. He seems pretty responsive to problems and can probably help address shipping issues or customer service issues. (thumbs u

This.

They tend to undergrade what i send to them and overgrade what they send to me. Consistently.

They list the book at the same grade that it is purchased at, easily verified. They do grade tight, as has been mentioned many times on this board.

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

-B

:(

-B

Actually, most of the feedback I have read has been very positive. Also, I have been more than happy with the purchases I have made.

There was a time in the past when their grading was suspect. Based on feedback from numerous boardies, they have gotten better at grading.

I find their pricing to be okay. clearly they aren't smoking the wacky tobacky like milehighcomics does when it comes to pricing