• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest disappointment of a series when you finally read it?

206 posts in this topic

Dark Knight Strikes Again, without question.

The concensus on that series is that it was a stinker.

I have not read it for hearing that from several people whose opinions I trust. I did flip through an issue and did not like the artwork at all.

I still find it funny that some fans were accusing Miller of making it bad on purpose. Talk about mind reading.... Sheesh!

I will say one thing about the series....it's the reason that I walked back into a comic store after many years. Kinda responsible for getting me back into the hobby.

Dark Knight Strikes Again, without question.

The concensus on that series is that it was a stinker.

I have not read it for hearing that from several people whose opinions I trust. I did flip through an issue and did not like the artwork at all.

I still find it funny that some fans were accusing Miller of making it bad on purpose. Talk about mind reading.... Sheesh!

Seemed just a bad attempt to recreate lightning in a bottle from Dark Knight

From hell. It was painful to read. The extended treatises on Victorian architecture bored me to tears and the in medias res plotting ruined all the suspense by revealing who the killer was.

I've read a lot of stories by Alan Moore and they were all disappointing, with the sole exception being The Killing Joke. I simply don't understand what others find appealing about his work. (shrug)

Are you serious, or are you just saying this for shock value?

Very. serious.

Personally, I would put the Killing Joke towards the bottom of my Alan Moore list. A few notches above From Hell which I found entirely boring.

jjonahjameson1, you might enjoy his line of ABC comics. (shrug)

Hi, thanks for suggesting Moore's ABC comics line, however, I will not waste another moment reading this man's work...I've given it plenty of tries, and the payback is minimal.

That's cool. There's plenty of other good comic reading so you don't have to go the Moore route again.

Your JR JR Spidey covers are incredible btw. I could go into that in a lot more detail, but I don't want to derail the thread too much.

Thanks for the compliment!