• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Matt Hawkin does do some homework. He could give up comics and be a guest lecturer in academia. I do feel smarter reading that book... lol

Note: if you don't know what book.... Shame.

I talked to Matt Hawkins for about half an hour at the Arizona Comic Con a few weeks ago, pretty much talked about his education and his inspiration for Think Tank. If you ever get a chance to see him at a Con, just go up to him and ask all about his research for the book with military projects and the sort. Awesome guy. I got three of the Bagus Hutomo variants for #1 signed by him and they should be graded Tuesday or Wednesday and Yellow Labelled.

I also bought the original artwork for the first ever page of Think Tank, page 6 which is the first ever page of Dr. David Loren, and the first page with Mirra Sway. Not sure if I overpaid or not, I feel like I got a good price, and they probably aren't going anywhere soon anyways.

On that note, Think Tank and Clone are two of my favorite reads on the market right now, along with Saga, PP, Walking Dead, and anything Deadpool.

As some people did me a solid - heres one back.

Was in my LCS they had 3 NM copies of #1 2nd print (Thgis was Sunday) any use - if so I will phone them up and reserve them.

Somebody absolutely stole this book IMO. I was the #2 bidder thinking I didn't have a chance, and I've spent way too much this month already and have about $1500 in CGC fees to try to make up as well. This book should have sold for double that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-THINK-TANK-1-CGC-9-8-SCARCE-FIRST-PRINT-OF-A-HOT-IMAGE-BOOK-INVEST-NOW-/230929081400?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&nma=true&si=puYCoZDHoOiXhMmHfN2zFQxnpZE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Also, Midtown still has Clone #1 first print availabe at $2.54 a piece, no more Adlards and tfaw just sold out of Clone #1 in the last week, so the well is basically dry online aside from ebay, so the values should sneak up in the next four weeks and then probably take a nice jump next month when #5 and the TPB come out. The second print of #1 is the same cover as the Ryp #1 cover, just a slightly darker tone, so that should take some prestige away from the regular #1 first print and add fuel to the Adlard.

The cover for #7 is downright awesome, can't wait to see where this series goes.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=CLONE+%237_1256942

Yeah Clone is a great read.

Theres a bit to many tv cliches sometimes but the series is getting better every issue

True, but I will give the writer a pass on this for now. Plus it is an entertaining read, so that makes it pretty easy to forgive the cliches.

It's his first comic and he's coming from a TV background. He's sort of learning as he goes.

Grabbed a few of those 1st prints - thanks for the tip.

Slab has sold for $50 so maybe its starting to breathe.

The #1's were 35% off cover so can't really lose tbh.

Somebody absolutely stole this book IMO. I was the #2 bidder thinking I didn't have a chance, and I've spent way too much this month already and have about $1500 in CGC fees to try to make up as well. This book should have sold for double that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-THINK-TANK-1-CGC-9-8-SCARCE-FIRST-PRINT-OF-A-HOT-IMAGE-BOOK-INVEST-NOW-/230929081400?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&nma=true&si=puYCoZDHoOiXhMmHfN2zFQxnpZE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

30 bidders? I think that it sold at the correct market value.

Read Issues #1-4 on Sunday and I am very pleased as I had intended on just picking up a run to flip down the road. But, I plan on keeping this one in my personal collection. Cannot wait to see issue #5 as this series is just getting better and better with each issue.

Also, Midtown still has Clone #1 first print availabe at $2.54 a piece, no more Adlards and tfaw just sold out of Clone #1 in the last week, so the well is basically dry online aside from ebay, so the values should sneak up in the next four weeks and then probably take a nice jump next month when #5 and the TPB come out. The second print of #1 is the same cover as the Ryp #1 cover, just a slightly darker tone, so that should take some prestige away from the regular #1 first print and add fuel to the Adlard.

The cover for #7 is downright awesome, can't wait to see where this series goes.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=CLONE+%237_1256942

It does seem that the Adlard variants are starting to be harder to find at cover price. Just ordered two at cover.

lol what?

Yeah, I held of on ordering the variant and I noticed that one online store had them in stock at cover but after everyone started talking about it they sold out. Most people are now asking $5+ for the variant but luckily another store had them at cover.