• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

Best picture nominees:

American Hustle- very entertaining. good job by pretty much all of the actors. won't win best picture, Christian Bale will likely be runner up for best actor

Captain Phillips- okay movie, certainly won't win best picture...unless Tom Hanks is part of the Academy... hm

Dallas Buyers Club- excellent movie, may win best picture. Matthew McConaughey will win best actor

Gravity- snoozefest. Don't know why this movie was nominated. I liked George Clooney's small part, but that was it.

Her- very enjoyable. lots of things re. technology that may be in store for us. Should win Best Original Screenplay

Nebraska- have yet to see it

Philomena- have yet to see it

12 Years a Slave- very good movie. Will be a contender for best picture. Michael Fassbender may win best supporting actor, while Chiwetel Ejiofor will battle for best actor

The Wolf of Wall Street- I've watched 100 minutes of the 180 minute film so far. It's been pretty good so far. Can't comment on too much just yet other than this likely would have been an X-rated film 25 years ago.

Gravity was ridiculously entertaining in D-Box

Watched The Kings of Summer a couple of nights ago. Very nice coming of age movie. (thumbs u

Never heard about this kid before the movie, but Moises Arias did a fantastic job. :applause:

"Mrs. Doom, I presume" - can't wait for The Thing to utter this line.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66077

Oh boy!

Dr. Doom is said to be the villain of the reboot (the character appeared in Fox’s two previous movies and was played by Julian McMahon). The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision is hearing that the studio is likely to go for a big name and isn’t ruling out switching genders for the role.

Someone is going to go off like a rocket.

Feel free to rate any of those movies on my site!!

www.filmigos.com

Can't believe Rush got snubbed. And upset that Sam Rockwell got snubbed for his role in The Way Way Back.

Oh boy!

Dr. Doom is said to be the villain of the reboot (the character appeared in Fox’s two previous movies and was played by Julian McMahon). The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision is hearing that the studio is likely to go for a big name and isn’t ruling out switching genders for the role.

now if they can just get Ryan Reynolds as Victoria Von Doom all the pieces will be in place

Oh boy!

now if they can just get Ryan Reynolds as Victoria Von Doom all the pieces will be in place

:roflmao: