• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics General's Movie Subforum

619 posts in this topic

Didn't realize how many actors from Deep Blue Sea have appeared in Marvel ventures!

Thomas Jane-Frank Castle/The Punisher

Saffron Burrows- Victoria Hand/Agents Of Shield

Sam Jackson- Nick Fury/Too many to list

Stellan Skarsgard-Eric Selvig/Thor,Avengers

I watched American Hustle last night. Really enjoyed it. Excellent acting from everyone, even Cooper & Lawrence who're way overexposed.

I heard that Bradley Cooper is in line to play Indiana Jones for the next round of movies. :whistle:

And I agree with you on AH. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Better than Shia Labeouf lol

I heard that Bradley Cooper is in line to play Indiana Jones for the next round of movies. :whistle:

And I agree with you on AH. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Better than Shia Labeouf lol

Without a doubt.

I watched American Hustle last night. Really enjoyed it. Excellent acting from everyone, even Cooper & Lawrence who're way overexposed.

I thought it was a bit slow for action until the last half hour which was really good. Just watched the Wolf of Wall Street and now that was a movie!

I thought it was a bit slow for action until the last half hour which was really good. Just watched the Wolf of Wall Street and now that was a movie!

We saw WoW last month. lol lol lol

Just watched "The Shining" for the first time, over the last couple of days.

Very dull.

The book, which I read two years ago or so, was spine chilling. I mean, leave the light on at night scary (and I'm never scared by books.)

But the scene in the book where...

the woman in the bathtub gets Danny was absolutely terrifying, and the best shock of the book was when he was in the tunnel on the playground, just playing along, la dee dah....and then he wasn't alone in the tunnel. :eek: It literally set chills up my spine, especially when he turned back and saw something waving at him, from where he had just been not a minute before....plus, the topiary that stalked him was awesomely frightening, too. They replaced it with just the hedge maze?

All that awesome stuff was missing from the film, and the stuff in the film was...meh. Maybe in 1980 it was hot stuff, but in 2014, not so much. There were a couple of jump moments, but that was mostly due to the sound effects.

I have read most of King's stuff, including the Stand and the Dark Tower...Salem's Lot was a little creepy, and so was Pet Sematary, but nothing had the frights that the Shining did for me, so I was very disappointed by the film.

Oh well.

Saw Deliverance a couple weeks ago, too. That last scene, at the new lake, where the

obviously plastic hand floated out of the water was still quite good for a scare.

Other than that, though....meh.

So I've been re-watching a few flix.

1) Skyfall: Watching a scruffy Daniel Craig got me thinking... Could he pull off Ra's Al Ghul in a future Bat film?

2)Star Trek Into Darkness: Anybody else think about how the "black starship" barreling towards San Fran looked like a Reaver ship from Firefly?

3) Marvel's Avengers: Stark was a real :censored: to Cap! Hawkeye is growing on me. Scarjo looks better than she did in Winter Soldier(Cobie is hotter).

4)Elysium: What a turd of a movie! Was Jodie Foster trying to pull off some kind of accent, or did she have dental work before shooting?

5) Will probably pay the extra bucks and see Godzilla in 3D IMAX.

6) Pacific Rim: Still like it!

:headbang: thanks for bumping this thread!

I watched Robocop (the new one) and although it can't measure up to the original, it wasn't too bad.

Just finished Labor Day a couple of nights ago and enjoyed it.

Bad words was pretty funny. (thumbs u