• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic you will never sell

183 posts in this topic

I would sell everything I have. There are things I would sell last, but in the end it's all just junk. (thumbs u
Ditto

So true, but I would still have a hard time selling like three of my books...pretty much books that are already worthles to most people (thumbs u

I got well over 10.000 comics and will sell non of them. Never, ever will I sell one of my books from my personal collection.

Unless somebody wants to pay me three times the guide price. In that case I will sell them all and with the money get myself 30.000 books....

I would sell everything I have. There are things I would sell last, but in the end it's all just junk. (thumbs u

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

Ditto. I enjoy the hell out of my collection right now but eventually everything will go, probably as I near retirement age.

I probably won't ever sell my copy of ASM 121. I'd been looking for a copy for years. My LCS had one in a slab. At the time, I'd never owned a slabbed book. My wife ended up buying it for me. My LCS even left up the scan so I'd think he still had it. I admired it for months, and all the while it was at my house probably under my bed.

My good buddy Dan (Bronty on these boards) sent me a Planet Comics 13 as a gift, out of the blue. It's not going anywhere.

Toss up for me... I still have the first comic I ever owned (silver surfer #1 purchased by my dad for 25c in 1973) and the last comic I have purchased (just last week)...amazing man 26

SCAN0034.jpg

Sentimental reasons. One of the first back issues I ever got. My dad fronted the $12.50 for it. When we got home and I tried to read it, we discovered the cover was about to fall off because the spine was so rough, so we did the obvious thing and rubber cemented the cover to the comic.

That was over 25 years ago, but darned if the cover isn't still as secure as can be.

That's awesome!

hulk1001-1.jpg

(worship) I wouldn't sell that one either!

I probably won't ever sell my copy of ASM 121. I'd been looking for a copy for years. My LCS had one in a slab. At the time, I'd never owned a slabbed book. My wife ended up buying it for me. My LCS even left up the scan so I'd think he still had it. I admired it for months, and all the while it was at my house probably under my bed.

Awesome story.

I'm with the crowd that says that eventually just about everything will likely be for sale, but the last books I'll sell are my AF #15 and my ASM #1. The #1 is only a 3.0, but I bought it for $80 with money from my first real job and it has a lot of sentimental value.

ASM01CGC.jpg