• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic you will never sell

183 posts in this topic

Probably the only book in my collection I can say is a one-of-a-kind treasure.

SSThunda1.jpg

.....that's what I'm talking about....what a sweet 4.0, by the way. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

104435.jpg

'scuse my French, but that's awesome!

Yes it is. Hopefully, Steve has instructed his people to get it to me when he croaks.

But it clashes with the rest of your collection. Green and yellow is a fashion faux pas, and when I think of you I think "fashionista".

hm

I think of midget wrestling. (shrug)

:facepalm:

THANKS (thumbs u It really is a nice looking book for a 4.0.

Must've been a cloudy day when it got graded ;)

......that's every afternoon in Florida.....if you don't like rain, don't move there lol GOD BLESS....

My long term goal is to whittle my collection down to a dozen keepers.....which I've got a good start on. As a realist, I know that old age will probably cost me all or most those. At this point, the last one I'd hope to sell, if at all, would probably be my VG+ copy of Thunda #1 autographed by Frank Frazetta. It's a beautiful example of his signature, done in the 80's when he would still put his first and last name on stuff. It would be almost impossible to replace. GOD BLESS....

I'd LOVE to see it :wishluck:

My long term goal is to whittle my collection down to a dozen keepers.....which I've got a good start on. As a realist, I know that old age will probably cost me all or most those. At this point, the last one I'd hope to sell, if at all, would probably be my VG+ copy of Thunda #1 autographed by Frank Frazetta. It's a beautiful example of his signature, done in the 80's when he would still put his first and last name on stuff. It would be almost impossible to replace. GOD BLESS....

.....here it is. GOD BLESS....

scan0005-15.jpg

I think sometimes as people we don't really fathom what the word 'never' means.

:shy:

As an extension, we also don't fathom the phrase "till death do us part".

More hobby specific, people also have trouble with "grail", "commodity" and "undervalued/overvalued".

If you want to get forum specific I would go with "holding your tongue".

lol

:whee:

I think sometimes as people we don't really fathom what the word 'never' means.

:shy:

As an extension, we also don't fathom the phrase "till death do us part".

More hobby specific, people also have trouble with "grail", "commodity" and "undervalued/overvalued".

If you want to get forum specific I would go with "holding your tongue".

lol

Also, "ignore", "argument" and "butthurt".

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

As a show of solidarity and as a means of reassuring the board members who have posted herein, I will also never sell the comics which have been posted in this thread.

ADD: Come to think of it, although there has been no Action Comics 1 posted in this thread, I will venture to say that I will never sell that comic either.

I was able to purchase back a few items from my old comic shop that I closed in 1996, including my prized possession X-Men #1 and X-Men #94 I had signed by Chris Claremont back in 1993. I was lucky enough to get them back, I'll never part with them again - as I always regretted letting them go. Sorry for all the extra stuff in the pic (I bought these items back as well), this is the only picture I have of my X-Men 1:

oldgenx.JPG

.....here it is. GOD BLESS....

scan0005-15.jpg

Wow, that is awesome (thumbs u thanks for sharing!

Bob

Gotta agree everything has it's price and circumstances might dictate that everything must go some day. There are books that will be hard to let go of but if it ever came down to feeding my family or holding on to a book, the books would find a new home.

I would sell everything I have. There are things I would sell last, but in the end it's all just junk. (thumbs u
Ditto

So true, but I would still have a hard time selling like three of my books...pretty much books that are already worthles to most people (thumbs u

I've pretty much been duped into buying junk. I guess I'll keep it. :shrug:

Superman 75 Platinum - mailed to me on my 9th birthday by Dan Jurgens himself:

That is freaking cool. What is the story behind it?

My Dad's firm had been engaged to do some work for him at the time (a couple years after the DoS story arc) and I was always huge into Superman though somehow I wasn't into comics. Anyway, my Dad had a business lunch with him where he asked if Dan would do a doodle on the back of his business card for me (pic below - got a sketch before I even knew that was a "thing" !). I don't actually know if my Dad got in touch with him shortly after that again or what, but a manila envelope showed up at our house the week of my birthday and it had two comics in it - the Supes 75 and a Thor Volume 2 #1 both signed! (now that I think about it, I think it was actually later than my ninth birthday cause the Thor book was released in '98 - can't remember the dates properly anymore...)

I didn't take as good care of the Thor book cause when I was a kid I didn't know who Thor was. It's probably an 8.5 or something (never got it CGC'd). But those two books were the first comics I ever got. Somehow I knew not to read the Superman one - I tucked it away and kept it in the best shape I could (I did promptly go out and get a copy of the trade paperback for the full story) - then after all this time, I finally decided to get in CGC'd as I've paid more attention to actual collecting and it turned out to be a 9.6! Not bad for a kid who had no notion of how to preserve a comic for 20 years.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App