• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHIZ #2 (#1s)...

136 posts in this topic

Why not tar and feather it while you're at it?

Seriously, after this thread you ask us what we think you should do with it? :makepoint:

Edit: this was in response to the pre-edited post where it said 'it could tape up to a 3.0'

Got a "Whiz" second chance guys. Got this today from Brent at Quality Comics. Split and detached cover but the eye appeal is better than my 2.0 (see page 3). Very bright colors and nice paper. Is the front cover on this book cool or what?

Detroit Trolley copy (go figure) with S. Cicconi resto free certificate. Brent & I discussed the book at length. A nice 1.8 if graded, but maybe on a bright cloudless day it could fetch a 2.0?

Surprised it was for sale.. I thought it sold when it was first up for sale years back.. Unless I missed something

Got a "Whiz" second chance guys. Got this today from Brent at Quality Comics. Split and detached cover but the eye appeal is better than my 2.0 (see page 3). Very bright colors and nice paper. Is the front cover on this book cool or what?

Detroit Trolley copy (go figure) with S. Cicconi resto free certificate. Brent & I discussed the book at length. A nice 1.8 if graded, but maybe on a bright cloudless day it could fetch a 2.0?

Congrats on a great book :applause:

I contemplated buying that copy many times, but never pulled the trigger

Why not tar and feather it while you're at it?

Seriously, after this thread you ask us what we think you should do with it? :makepoint:

Edit: this was in response to the pre-edited post where it said 'it could tape up to a 3.0'

I'm afraid to ask, but who said that?

:(

Here's the resto clearance letter from Susan that accompanied the book. First one I've ever seen.

Sorry for the cell phone fuzziness as my scanner isn't functioning. :(

I think it's safe to say that all Detroit Trolley books are unrestored.

Here's the resto clearance letter from Susan that accompanied the book. First one I've ever seen.

Just noticed the certificate is over 5 years old. :o

Or what I asked about.

I missed who said it could tape up to a 3.0

That, and in 2007 Susan thought a spine roll could only be removed through dis assembly.

:blush:

Congrats on a great book :applause:

I contemplated buying that copy many times, but never pulled the trigger

me too

Thanks guys. Note that it is very white and clean (the clouds and cape).

No tanning in the book. :grin:

Actually, it encapsulated very well with the spine split & detachment.

Looks fantastic. I'm still very jealous :grin: