• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Report and Pics (pics start on Page 2)

139 posts in this topic

Man, that stinks. Glad you are okay though.

One last pic from me. My Iron Man 2 9.2 from Greg Reece. Will go great with my Iron Man 1 9.2 I just picked up from Near Mint

5830E6D3-98F9-431A-B084-D7F15971054E-1111-000000954C76FD81.jpg

I don't see that cover enough. Beautifully simple, and I love the monster pose of the Demolisher.

Lovely book Mark and thanks for the pics!

Thanks for sharing the pics...I was supposed to be there hanging with Mike and a few friends today but my gall bladder decided to explode on Wednesday night and I just got home from surgery a few hours ago. I have to live vicariously through you guys all weekend. :cry:

Missed you today buddy. Wasn't the same. :( My wife took TONS of pics that I'll be posting tomorrow. Jen took it as a personal mission to take as many pics of, ahem, busty women as humanly possible to give you the real con experience.

I was there really early so I missed most of the women. doh!

Post away! I look forward to seeing them

Gator, Filter and Roy shared a booth.
3guys one booth.

They should make a website based on the three of them eating chocolate ice cream.

Three guys...one booth

dot com

Thanks for sharing the pics...I was supposed to be there hanging with Mike and a few friends today but my gall bladder decided to explode on Wednesday night and I just got home from surgery a few hours ago. I have to live vicariously through you guys all weekend. :cry:

Missed you today buddy. Wasn't the same. :( My wife took TONS of pics that I'll be posting tomorrow. Jen took it as a personal mission to take as many pics of, ahem, busty women as humanly possible to give you the real con experience.

You didn't see them because they were hiding from you, you dorkasaurus.

Gator, Filter and Roy shared a booth.
3guys one booth.

They should make a website based on the three of them eating chocolate ice cream.

Three guys...one booth

dot com

Pretty sure Rick is allergic to chocolate. :baiting:

You didn't see them because they were hiding from you, you dorkasaurus.

That explains why some were running the other way. lol

:roflmao: Tell Jen she's the best...I very much look forward to the busts...I mean pics. lol

(worship)

Part 1

When I found out the date of NYCC this year I knew I had a mission. A mission to plan a business trip around that week so I could go to the show and not have to be away from my family any longer than I had to. I travel often for work so staying longer and missing my son's game tonight wouldnt be good.

So, I had to plan to get to the first day on Thursday and then fly home that night.

My plans were set in motion and it worked out great aligning with my work travel schedule. I had a business meeting in NYC on Tuesday and then in CT on Wednesday. I could take Thursday off and travel home that night. PERFECT.

So by the time I get all of this worked out. I go to get tickets and the website said sold out. Only Friday was available as a single day. My goal of going was fading away.

Meanwhile....I'm buying a book online from Greg Reece (that IM 2 9.2) and I mention to Greg that I can't find a ticket for Thursday only and if he knows anyone who will sell me one, i'd gladly pay.

Greg was incredibly nice and offered to give me a pass for Thursday only. He needed it for the other days but just Thursday he could hook me up.

I WAS BACK IN!

A HUGE thank you to Greg Reece for being so gracious.

My trip to NYC and work meetings went well in CT and then I was basically free Thursday from work. I just had a few calls in the morning and Greg said to meet him around 1:30. I got to the entrance and was immediately impressed with the sheer size of the place. I've been to cons before but this was massive. My eyes must have been like a kid in a candy store. Greg was talking to me and as we are walking into the hall I'm overwhelmed with dealer booth after dealer booth and i'm in there before most of the public. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING? :banana:

Part 2 coming up soon....

In light of the convention thefts going on, have you seen more of an effort to be more vigilant? Are any dealers using electronic counter measures?

I've also noticed that some booths clearly have electricity and some don't. I'm assuming that's an extra cost.

Is Wi-Fi in the hall also free?

(Nice pics! Love the Panorama option in IOS 6.0) (thumbs u

Electricity $$$$, Wi FI $29.95 a day for 512kb speed, free at Food Court 256Kb.

I saw a bunch of boardies, Roy was the only one I said hello to.

He had a mixture of horror, confusion, and contempt on his face; it was odd. I didn't say hello to anyone else after that. :lol:

Did he have a sock full of nickels?

He should have used them.

Just sayin.....,

:cool:

IMG_1316.jpg

I bought a ton of Bronze age westerns from this dealer years ago in Philly. I forget his name. Anyone?

i went to his website to see what all books he has for sale but it looks like he hasnt touched it in years..kinda of a shame

Are those Gator's Startling Comics I saw posted? hm

The books Rick, Roy, and Adam had at the show were unreal. I was telling Rick that it was borderline surreal to be standing there in front of an Action Comics #1, and regardless of it being restored, that book was a newsstand when some kid picked up a piece of history in the making decades ago. Then, a few books down was the Detective Comics 27... one that I was actually discussing later that evening (along with the other pre-Robin Tecs).

And glad to have finally met Roy (and Lou) in person, even if only briefly. Def. seemed like it was a busy event that first day!

I agree about the books those three had at that booth. I was in awe of the Action 1 that I forgot to take a picture of it. It was nice...lots of foxing on the front cover from what I remember but it was really great to see it.

I wanted to ask to see a few of them up close but they were really busy setting up on Thursday when I got there and I didn't want to bother them. It was also nice to meet all the boardies.