• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new fourth party grading system....CVA Comics

207 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but here is the first time I have actually seen CVA anyplace.

CLINK Auction

Clink's 'Search' shows "CVA exceptional" in the "Pedigree or Highlight" field drop-down selections. Seems like they're geared up to make bank.

In the description for that book they have an actual hotlink to the CVA website right there.

Why can't cgc get that kind of sweet deal?

:facepalm:

I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but here is the first time I have actually seen CVA anyplace.

CLINK Auction

Clink's 'Search' shows "CVA exceptional" in the "Pedigree or Highlight" field drop-down selections. Seems like they're geared up to make bank.

In the description for that book they have an actual hotlink to the CVA website right there.

They do... on Heritage: "CGC Value Guide: Exclusive to Heritage members: GPAnalysis price report (& link to CGC Census) for this certified comic."

CLINK Auction

They do... on Heritage: "CGC Value Guide: Exclusive to Heritage members: GPAnalysis price report (& link to CGC Census) for this certified comic."

Is that a link to GPA or CGC?

No but really... I need someone to tell me that something that was graded by CGC looks nice?

Explain this again for the 37th time because I still cannot fathom why this company exists and will do business after it has been explained after the 36th time.

You know what? If this company is successful we should all kick ourselves for not coming up with a meaningless venture all on our own.

CLINK Auction

Is that a link to GPA or CGC?

From the description, both. GPA for the value history, CGC for their census ranking.

Can't get any sweeter deal than that. Auction a CGC book, report the final value, have that value fed back to any potential bidders for like items. One-click self-generated influence.

No but really... I need someone to tell me that something that was graded by CGC looks nice?

Explain this again for the 37th time because I still cannot fathom why this company exists and will do business after it has been explained after the 36th time.

You know what? If this company is successful we should all kick ourselves for not coming up with a meaningless venture all on our own.

The thing I would say is if that is an example of their service, then they suck. That book has a slight miswrap and the centering is not perfect.

The thing I would say is if that is an example of their service, then they suck. That book has a slight miswrap and the centering is not perfect.

word

I still think this is simply a way to part suckers from their money. But I also believe in the free market, so we will have to wait and see if this idea takes hold. Anyone remember the pet rock?

Anyway, it doesn't appear that the board member who was promoting this idea (TErb) ever came back to answer any of the questions that were posed in the other thread but it appears the idea is moving forward. I just took a look at the CVA website and noticed they have pricing information now listed.

Minimum $50 charge per invoice. $2 per book pre screen service. $25 per book in their "standard" category. There is more information on their website.

So at least now we have some idea of what the cost might be.

$25 per book in their "standard" category.

It costs $25 for them to tell me my book looks pretty, and to slap a shiny sticker on the slab? Am I understanding this correctly?

I propose the following:

I will tell you whether or not your book looks pretty for $5 a book instantly undercutting the competition. Not only that, I will code your books with stickers corresponding to the publisher.

Marvel - Spider-man

DC - Superman

Image - Spawn unless its the Walking Dead which gets a zombie sticker. Extremely pretty image books get a sticker of Todd McFarlene's head.

All other publishers get either a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle or an Aardvark.

Well, all books aren't $25

Moderns under $300 in value are $8

Economy older books under $300 are $12

It's still $50 minimum though...and the turnaround time is 15-20 days.

Yes 20 days.

Given that there's no no prepping, page counting, resto checking, 2-3 grader reviewing, microchamber papering, inner well sealing, encapsulating, etc etc etc....I would think the turnaround time would be a mess-ton quicker. lol

Also they offer a "Prescreen" service at only $2 a book.

Buy you could pay MORE than $25 a book.....

"High Value 1.5% of declared value ($100 min./$3000 max.) "

So if they were to prescreen a Tec 27...and either say "No it's stinky looking" and charge $2 or say "EXCEPTIONAL" :preach: and charge $3,000 there seems to be, given human nature, some...ummm...temptation there.

There's a pretty wide disparity between getting paid and not getting paid that will be immediately known to the person eyeing the slabbed book, isn't there?

Yes 20 days.

Given that there's no no prepping, page counting, resto checking, 2-3 grader reviewing, microchamber papering, inner well sealing, encapsulating, etc etc etc....I would think the turnaround time would be a mess-ton quicker. lol

Buy you could pay MORE than $25 a book.....

So if they were to prescreen a Tec 27...and either say "No it's stinky looking" and charge $2 or say "EXCEPTIONAL" :preach: and charge $3,000 there seems to be, given human nature, some...ummm...temptation there.

There's a pretty wide disparity between getting paid and not getting paid that will be immediately known to the person eyeing the slabbed book, isn't there?

This is why I promise $5 a book with a turnaround time of 5 days no matter the volume. I estimate the receiving, logging in, documentation, packing and shipping to take about five days.

I would also offer cooler stickers as described before.

Yes 20 days.

But you could pay MORE than $25 a book.....

Anyone who sends this company one penny is a ing retard

Yes 20 days.

But you could pay MORE than $25 a book.....

Anyone who sends this company one penny is a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point

fixed that for ya (well for me actually)