• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Series in your collection?

63 posts in this topic

My quite small accomplishments, albeit I'm proud of them; :D

1. Sandman 1-75, plus both Death mini-series, all Sandman Gallery One-shots, all Platinum variants, all 1st print Hardcovers 1-11 (the only thing missing is a CGC issue 1 and I'm a very happy man :) )

2. Y The Last Man 1-60

3. New X-Men 114, 2001 Annual, plus Omnibus

4. Uncanny X-Men 130-400 (planning to get the earlier issues, piece by piece, over time :) )

5. Daredevil Vol.2 1-82

I'm planning to complete my Liberty Meadows collection as well, still missing a few issues from 26 below. :D

Too many titles to list. Every DC title starting after 1954 and ending

before 2012.

Also, all DC: war; "funny animal"; "funny people"; romance; western;

movie/TV people; crime; horror & science fiction.

Earlier titles include:

All Flash, Batman, Comic Cavalcade, Green Lantern (GA);

Leading; Mutt & Jeff; Star Spangled; SMGF Lois Lane;

SMP Jimmy Olsen; Wonder Woman; and World's Finest.

Now some of the pre-code books need replacing and a few (less

than 10) are coverless.

For Variants, I know of about 2,400 and am missing about 140.

Note that the expensive titles are NOT complete and I doubt I will ever

complete all pre-2012 titles or get all of the variants I know about.

(Also, I keep discovering additional variants every week or so.)

*Bronze Age Fan*, is it you that has every Marvel comic published since 1964, or something like that?

I have from 1/1965 to 12/1979...every comic Marvel published during that time. I am working on 1/1960 to 12/1964 from Marvel right now. I am down to needing 33 more comics to have all of them.

I have from 1/1965 to 12/1979...every comic Marvel published during that time. I am working on 1/1960 to 12/1964 from Marvel right now. I am down to needing 33 more comics to have all of them.

What are you missing, and what grades are you collecting?

Amazing Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Web of

Spidey Super Stories

Marvel Team Up

Avengers

Daredevil

Groo

Nexus

Usagi

TMNT

And an almost complete Fantastic Four ( i have number one)

Plus many shorter runs

*Bronze Age Fan*, is it you that has every Marvel comic published since 1964, or something like that?

Very cool, do you only collect any DC or Independent companies?

What are you missing, and what grades are you collecting?

I still need some Pre Heros...Need TTA 35 and 36 to have all the Marvel Superhero issues. I try to buy VG or better with good eye appeal.

Very cool, do you only collect any DC or Independent companies?

I just collect Marvel...no DCs. :sumo:

Every single issue from every single Marvel mutant book that's been published from GS X-Men #1 up to... well... this month. Except from Deadpool's first ongoing series, where I'm missing almost half of the issues.

Complete sets of every ongoing Spider-title (except for ASM where I have some small - but significant - holes) up to 2011 and most of the various Spidey limited series and Specials.

A boatload of complete Batman, Superman and Justice League titles. I know I'll never complete the two main Batman titles or the two main Superman titles (on the JLoA front I'm getting closer), but I've got almost 95% of everything published since the early 60s.

Every single Legion Of Super Heroes comic book except for Action #267 and Adventure #290.

Complete sets of waaaaay too many bronze and copper Marvel and DC titles.

Literally hundreds of complete sets of 80s and 90s indie titles, from publishers like Eclipse, Blackthorne, Pacific, First, Comico, Fantagraphics, Renegade, Apple, Image, Malibu, Valiant, Acclaim, Continuity, Antarctic Press, CrossGen, Crusade, Drawn & Quarterly, Harris, and many others.

If I listed all the individual titles, this'd be a pretty big- post. :P

(worship)

I'd like to hear how that particular quest got started...

(worship)

Whats up Bro? Its not something that I set out to do. Its from being a Marvel zombie for over 25 years...and having OCD. lol Few years back....maybe 2007 I saw I needed like over 100 more books to have everything from the 70s from Marvel. Up to that time...I was just buying everything from Marvel....after I finished the 70s. I saw I didnt need a ton from the 60s. I also have a Want List from Marvel from 1/1980 to 3/1985....I dont need that many from that time...and most of it is drek. Plus I am trying to buy every Marvel Curtis mag. Which is also coming along pretty good. So YES, I have OCD real bad. :sick:lol

(worship)

Whats up Bro? Its not something that I set out to do. Its from being a Marvel zombie for over 25 years...and having OCD. lol Few years back....maybe 2007 I saw I needed like over 100 more books to have everything from the 70s from Marvel. Up to that time...I was just buying everything from Marvel....after I finished the 70s. I saw I didnt need a ton from the 60s. I also have a Want List from Marvel from 1/1980 to 3/1985....I dont need that many from that time...and most of it is drek. Plus I am trying to buy every Marvel Curtis mag. Which is also coming along pretty good. So YES, I have OCD real bad. :sick:lol

Nice. Did you ever pick up a big lot of BA stuff, or did you just constantly pick up stuff here and there?

(worship)

Nice. Did you ever pick up a big lot of BA stuff, or did you just constantly pick up stuff here and there?

Picked up some lots of sets of stuff over the years....Its been more a few here and there for me. Never bought a collection of stuff like dealers do. :tonofbricks:

(worship)

Picked up some lots of sets of stuff over the years....Its been more a few here and there for me. Never bought a collection of stuff like dealers do. :tonofbricks:

At the risk of insulting a diehard Marvel collector, did you ever pick up any Seaboard Atlas titles? I find those covers irresistible in a Bronze Age way.

(worship)

At the risk of insulting a diehard Marvel collector, did you ever pick up any Seaboard Atlas titles? I find those covers irresistible in a Bronze Age way.

I agree on the covers of those titles...But I have never bought any of them. :sumo: