• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

Got my package out today. Holy schnikes, I didn't realize how expensive international shipping can be. Fed ex and UPS both wanted $250 to ship. Least expensive. USPS was considerably less.

What does everyone else use for international? Are there other options?

Is that why your forum status is mad? :foryou:

Got my package out today. Holy schnikes, I didn't realize how expensive international shipping can be. Fed ex and UPS both wanted $250 to ship. Least expensive. USPS was considerably less.

What does everyone else use for international? Are there other options?

I live near one two of the Great Lakes. I usually just drive to one of them and toss the package in. I figure that if I pack it well, and tape it up completely, that there's a pretty good chance it'll arrive.

I know, I know, it's slow and downright risky, but I'm 4 for 4 so far! :whee:

I'm finished shopping.

My elf was vague and wanted something to read.

He's getting an old stack of Penthouse Forums and a copy of 50 Shades of Gray.

I doubt he'll be so vague next year. hm

[font:Times New Roman]I was resistant this year to shipping across the pond because I'm still new to the program and have some experience with international shipping delays. :sorry:

Next year I'll plan earlier and won't get antsy about arrival dates.

Speaking of which...

Yeah! My mail out gift should arrive today (finally) and ship this afternoon or Friday morning. That means I won't have to resort to a Plan B gift ...I've gotten kinda attached to those books in my signature line! :o (just kiddin')

Christmas-Chimney-holiday-christmas-xmas-smiley-emoticon-001166-large.gif That means my ho! ho! ho! surprise gift to...

that would be telling! (tsk)

...should be in the mail this afternoon or Friday morning![/font] :whee: