• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

I'm in. PM sent

Just hope I don't get paired up with Dimebag_D again like in 2010 :P

I usually get stuck with someone's wish list like...

Precode horror in VF or better.

or...

Low numbered Timelys. Specifically Schomburg covers.

or my favorite...

Pre-Robin Detectives. Condition doesn't matter as long as the cover isn't detached and there are no missing wraps. Oh, and no large creases.

Here's a hint for those signing up. Think about the price involved and create a list around it.

You might want to make a list of multiple different options, rather than something specific as in my examples above.

While I'd love to put a Marvel Comics #1 in someone's stocking, I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not going to happen.

If your collecting focus is this narrow, you might want to pass on the gift exchange.

Just a thought. :foryou:

im also partial to gold ingots.

but siver also works.. Im not picky

Yeah. I'm probably going to get that one this year.

"I'm into gold. Not golden age comics. One ounce bars of gold." lol

I'm in. PM sent

or...

or my favorite...

Pre-Robin Detectives. Condition doesn't matter as long as the cover isn't detached and there are no missing wraps. Oh, and no large creases.

Here's a hint for those signing up. Think about the price involved and create a list around it.

You might want to make a list of multiple different options, rather than something specific as in my examples above.

While I'd love to put a Marvel Comics #1 in someone's stocking, I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not going to happen.

If your collecting focus is this narrow, you might want to pass on the gift exchange.

I just ask for TPBs to read because hopefully, I get one that is actually enjoyable and readable.

I'm in. PM sent

or...

or my favorite...

I just ask for TPBs to read because hopefully, I get one that is actually enjoyable and readable.

Is there anything you have not read? :eek:

I'm in. PM sent

or...

or my favorite...

Apparently the tax code.

I'm in. PM sent

or...

or my favorite...

Tons. Just because I ask for it doesn't mean I've read it. I need to finish off the Y, the Last Man TPBs that I asked for last year.

Yeah, I hope I don't get paired with anyone who wants High Grade hundred dollars books...

I just don't have the cash for it...

I asked for something to read, I like to keep my possibility inside the 40$ limit Mr. Ham gives...

I'm in. PM sent

or...

or my favorite...

Tons. Just because I ask for it doesn't mean I've read it. I need to finish off the Y, the Last Man TPBs that I asked for last year.

If I draw your name, I'll hook you up with mad swag, my Canadian doppelganger. (thumbs u

I'm in. PM sent

Actually, for him it wasn't his wishlist that was a problem. It was an utter lack of communication after the fact that soured me enough to not have participated in this last year. It wouldn't have killed him to shoot me a simple 'thank you' PM.

I'm in. PM sent

Actually, for him it wasn't his wishlist that was a problem. It was an utter lack of communication after the fact that soured me enough to not have participated in this last year. It wouldn't have killed him to shoot me a simple 'thank you' PM.

I never found out who my Santa was last year, so I couldn't send them a thank you.

They remained anonymous. :(

I'm in. PM sent

I never found out who my Santa was last year, so I couldn't send them a thank you.

They remained anonymous. :(

This was also a problem for me (i had two SS).

One of them didn't identified himself so I never came around to thank him... People should send a note with their forum name with the present. I wrote one last year and forgot to put it inside the book I gave ( :facepalm: ) but I still contacted Gaz, not so much for the "thank you" but to know if everything had arrived and if he liked it...