• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold returns as Conan!!!

136 posts in this topic

I do not have high hopes reading these quotes:

Fredrik Malmberg

"The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior," says Malmberg, "and this is the take of the film we will make. It’s that mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."

Chris Morgan

"After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me,” Morgan says. “[Conan] lives by that barbarian law of the wild, capable of extreme violence and rage, but he has created his own code and operates from within it. By the end of that film, Conan became a certain character, and this film picks him up there, as he faces different challenges that include dealing with age. [it's] where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story. I love the property of Conan so much that I wouldn’t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan’s Unforgiven."

CROM, PLEASE SLAY THESE WORTHLESS HACKS!

I am encouraged by the quotes. Unforgiven is a well made film, and if they go that route with Conan it will be excellent provided they do a good job writing it.

I will never pay another penny to Universal Pictures as long as I live.

First they killed the Dark Tower

Then they cancelled Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness

now they are going to butcher the King Conan movie with a hack director

FRACKING COMCAST!

I HOPE THEY GO DOWN IN FLAMES!

I thought the new actor playing Conan was fantastic. It was the story that needed work.

Agreed.

Yep. Momoa was a much better Conan than Arnold, but when you hire the writers of Sahara to do the screenplay, well...

So it looks like Chris Morgan who wrote the last three Fast and Furious films will do this. My only real hope is that with Milius out of the picture there might be a chance to see a real REH adaptation. Hour of the Dragon would awesome, but I'd be foolish to get my hopes up.

Real REH Adaptation does not go well with

Morgan, Fast & The Furious, and Action film.

The film may not be as messy an abortion as the last Marcus Nispel "effort", but it is still going to suck

Sad but I know you're right Neil. :sorry:

I will never pay another penny to Universal Pictures as long as I live.

First they killed the Dark Tower

Then they cancelled Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness

now they are going to butcher the King Conan movie with a hack director

FRACKING COMCAST!

I HOPE THEY GO DOWN IN FLAMES!

Momoa? Is that you?

Maybe now Momoa and the gang can get back together and make that SG:A movie. Except the sets were pretty much all sold off...

I think a movie with Arnold if given some effort could be pretty good actually. The odds of it not getting turned into a travesty are very low sadly.

schwarzenegger.jpg

Give the guy a break. Show me a single holder of significant political office his age that is in killer shape. The guy has had a massively stressful job and he's aged a lot.

If he dedicates himself to training (not a stretch for a guy like that) and they pour on a little movie magic as another poster said, there won't be a problem.

Fredrik Malmberg

"The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior," says Malmberg, "and this is the take of the film we will make. It’s that mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."

Chris Morgan

"After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me,” Morgan says. “[Conan] lives by that barbarian law of the wild, capable of extreme violence and rage, but he has created his own code and operates from within it. By the end of that film, Conan became a certain character, and this film picks him up there, as he faces different challenges that include dealing with age. [it's] where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story. I love the property of Conan so much that I wouldn’t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan’s Unforgiven."

I am encouraged by the quotes. Unforgiven is a well made film, and if they go that route with Conan it will be excellent provided they do a good job writing it.

Clint Eastwood is one of the greatest filmmakers of his generation.

Chris Morgan is a HACK. He is not qualified to hold Eastwood's CODPIECE! Much less infer that he could make a film that compares to Unforgiven. O the hubris!

Universal Pictures is a bunch of Cash Grabbing SUITS who have graduated from enslaving you to the cable teat to Big Budget film-making and who will throw any artistic merit out the window in order to corrupt source material for dollars!

I HOPE A GIANT ASTEROID HITS THE UNIVERSAL GLOBE! :preach:

Fredrik Malmberg

Chris Morgan

Chris Morgan is a HACK. He is not qualified to hold Eastwood's CODPIECE! Much less infer that he could make a film that compares to Unforgiven. O the hubris!

Universal Pictures is a bunch of Cash Grabbing SUITS who have graduated from enslaving you to the cable teat to Big Budget film-making and who will throw any artistic merit out the window in order to corrupt source material for dollars!

:cry:

Fredrik Malmberg

Chris Morgan

I have no idea who Chris Morgan is, I merely hope that they make a great Conan film. So far IMHO the best one they have made was Arnold's 1982 version,