• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Sandy

245 posts in this topic

I hope everyone is safe from the storm. Being from Florida and working catastrophes please if you are asked to evacuate dont underestimate this storm. It looks like it will be causing massive damage.

Oh and much much more importantly...Dont let your comics be flooded in your basement! Get them off the ground!

This is shaping up to be one hell of an ugly storm. Early estimates for expected damages and people to lose power is just insane.

I know I am going to be working 16+ hour days pretty much all week long because of the company I work for to support our division in the New York area. I am just hoping we don't lose power here in Ohio or I won't be able to help support them. :(

I hope everyone is safe from the storm. Being from Florida and working catastrophes please if you are asked to evacuate dont underestimate this storm. It looks like it will be causing massive damage.

Oh and much much more importantly...Dont let your comics be flooded in your basement! Get them off the ground!

+1 Hope everyone stays safe and your comics dry

Believe it or not, I flew out of Texas late last week to visit friends in Virginia. I was supposed to fly back on Tuesday out of Richmond, but I've already called work and told them not to expect me back on Wednesday. I've got a 4-hour drive to any large airport heading home, so I figure I won't take my chances.

This is the second time this year I've flown out to the East Coast, only to be stuck in a tropical storm or hurricane. The first time was in June when we were in Orlando.

Left Brooklyn behind and staying on Long Island with the family.

I hitchhiked/ escaped out of New Orleans as Katrina was hitting. (I was on vacation at the time) The only way I am leaving the "Buzzetta" compound is through a National Guard recovery effort.

I was suppposed to head to Nevada Tuesday. Changed my flight to Sunday and it still got canceled, so I'm here for the duration. The house I'm riding it out in is far from any water so the worst shoul d be simply losing power for however long.

I hitchhiked/ escaped out of New Orleans as Katrina was hitting. (I was on vacation at the time) The only way I am leaving the "Buzzetta" compound is through a National Guard recovery effort.

Listening to NPR, it sounds like LI's got it worse than BK, at least for the moment. I'm holed up in my apt on the 5th floor, hoping the floods don't get biblical! The winds are definitely picking up, and there's been a bit of rain so far this morning.

Listening to NPR, it sounds like LI's got it worse than BK, at least for the moment. I'm holed up in my apt on the 5th floor, hoping the floods don't get biblical! The winds are definitely picking up, and there's been a bit of rain so far this morning.

+1, 5th floor in Manhattan, so no books getting wet, but have to find out about work. No trains.

The media has cried wolf so many times in the past that I wasn't taking this storm seriously. But this time it looks bad, especially for people near water. Please stay safe everyone! :wishluck: