• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Sandy

245 posts in this topic

Does anyone in NYC know if street sweeping is suspended on tuesday?

To make a long story short - I'm in queens, my car's in brooklyn and public transit is suspended, leaving me no way to get to my car and move it if I need to. And I didn't want to assume that it's cancelled tomorrow just because it is today.

I hope your car is okay man and avoids anything like this from the Cooper Village area pic from the last 30 minutes.

A6aQROtCYAA0Gv9.jpg

Where is this pic from? Peter Cooper Village?

Yeah it is Peter Cooper Village from what a friend of mine is telling me who is in NYC also. He is in the area of the whole issue with that crane possibly coming down so I haven't heard from him in over an hour. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

Does anyone in NYC know if street sweeping is suspended on tuesday?

To make a long story short - I'm in queens, my car's in brooklyn and public transit is suspended, leaving me no way to get to my car and move it if I need to. And I didn't want to assume that it's cancelled tomorrow just because it is today.

I hope your car is okay man and avoids anything like this from the Cooper Village area pic from the last 30 minutes.

A6aQROtCYAA0Gv9.jpg

Where is this pic from? Peter Cooper Village?

Yeah it is Peter Cooper Village from what a friend of mine is telling me who is in NYC also. He is in the area of the whole issue with that crane possibly coming down so I haven't heard from him in over an hour. Hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

Lived right near here for years. Crazy.

I think they evacuated a couple blocks around that collapsed crane, btw, so if he was really close, he might have already been moved.

I am about a 5 minute walk from the Lake Ontario shoreline. Still have power for now. The wind is about 40 mph gusting to maybe 60 at the moment. A good amount of rain is falling as well. We have food water flashlights and candles. I am also thankful I have a 3G IPAD so I can keep track of things if the power fails.

Power just went out in West Chelsea, apparently, along the Hudson River in the area of the Javits Center

Sitting by candlelight in the Village. At least 3G on the iPad is working.

Stay dry buddy...

+1 , playing poker online, and watching World Series of Poker final table. Listening to the wind whip around like crazy!

I'm in Richmond, va. So far we've seen nothing more than a little puff of wind and rain. I can hear the wind building up outside my office however, it's prolly gusting to about 50 mph or so. Hoping the wind doesn't go out.

I'm in Richmond also, not much going on here thankfully.

I'm in Richmond, va. So far we've seen nothing more than a little puff of wind and rain. I can hear the wind building up outside my office however, it's prolly gusting to about 50 mph or so. Hoping the wind doesn't go out.

I'm in Richmond also, not much going on here thankfully.

......try 9 Mile Road.......there should be plenty going on there :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm in the West Village. Power is completely out and it's pitch black outside. Cops are driving around telling everyone to go inside. All you hear are sirens outside. It's really eerie.

Hopefully we will stay dry where we are. We are just east of Hudson St.

I can't tell exactly, but it looks like there's two or three feet of rushing water on my block. For a full city block. Maybe more. I have a crazy strong flashlight and there's water for as far as I can see.

Wow... just wow.

A piece of the roof atop my apartment building just went flying away, causing the fire alarm to go off. A lot of confused people were standing around in a stairwell doing this: (shrug)