• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

Better.

I still think just the 'Phantom Variant' text with the ghostly effect you have on the word 'phantom' would look best. That alone would be enough to 'brand' the variant books without overpowering the awesome cover art.

This.

Larry, would you ever consider something like this: ask the artists to hide the phantom (whatever that might be) somewhere in the art. Sort of like what Playboy does with the bunny on the cover. This idea works well with the idea of a phantom lurking/hiding in the art. Plus, it'd be like an Easter Egg hunt for collectors. And because the artist works it into the art, you never have to worry about it clashing with the cover art.

Larry, would you ever consider something like this: ask the artists to hide the phantom (whatever that might be) somewhere in the art. Sort of like what Playboy does with the bunny on the cover. This idea works well with the idea of a phantom lurking/hiding in the art. Plus, it'd be like an Easter Egg hunt for collectors. And because the artist works it into the art, you never have to worry about it clashing with the cover art.

That sounds like a cool idea!!

Perfect idea!

Also, anyone know what the Phantom book of the week is yet?

+1.5

I guess I'll go against the grain... I'd find it a bit distracting to have the logo integrated into the art, even a teeny tiny one. Integrating the logo might be OK with something like the Deadpool cover, where there's lots of detail and shapes to hide it in, but on something simple like the Bedlam one (my favorite so far) I think it would be a distraction. I'd rather just have a logo with a smaller overall "footprint" tucked into the corner and out of the way. My 2c(shrug)

Better.

I still think just the 'Phantom Variant' text with the ghostly effect you have on the word 'phantom' would look best. That alone would be enough to 'brand' the variant books without overpowering the awesome cover art.

This.

I'll add a +1.

Shrinking the size of the logo is a good idea as well.

:idea: Great idea!

:idea: Great idea!

Thanks

I'll work on that...

Lots of cool ideas from everyone! Obviously Larry won't be able to please everyone because everyone has their own idea of they would want but I appreciate that you are taking the ideas into consideration. These new covers by C.P.Wilson look great!

I think his style would look pretty great with an Adventure Time cover or maybe even TMNT :whistle:

The Retro covers are amazing, and Larry's does a great job with the shipping.

Awww, thank you friend!

a FEW design issues aside, when the dust settles, Phantom Variant should be a pretty collectable line.

I'm interviewing graphic designers all week.

I don't think a trained Pre press department could hurt my efforts.

I'll get it right.

I'm up against Ghost variant

For anybody paying attention, That's Comicspro, Moby & the CBLDF

They're the king in this industry.

I'm a mediocre single storefront.

I'm the underdog.

Kobra Kai vs Miagi's dojo.

I must rise.