• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this out.

73 posts in this topic

I hate to say it, I completely understand where he's coming from and I don't think he's wrong in some of his points, except for where he shines PGX in a positive light.

He's obviously misinformed, but he's clearly a smart individual (but once again, misinformed). CGC ISN'T the be-all, end-all, just the only real trustworthy grading company other than Overstreet (though even CGC is in question nowadays, what with the turnaround times) :( . I agree with his statement that grading is flexible and my 9.4 could be CGC's 9.6 or 9.8 (and it usually is). He follows different parameters than we do - I don't even subscribe to CGC's methods 100%. He also points out that graders won't always grade a book the same way based on a variety of factors - can anyone here tell me this is incorrect? hm

That being said, I think he should spend more time around here. It would do him good :whee:

:devil: If boardies are jonesing for something to make their heads to explode, here ya go...

:facepalm:

I don't understand the hate for slabbed books. If you don't like it, find a raw copy. I don't freak out at the grocery store over boxed spaghetti simply because I like the bagged stuff better.

Just to play devil's advocate here, CGC does have an affect on the hobby that goes beyond just the books they grade.

Ox :roflmao: What a great movie.

I don't mean the guy's weight or anything. I just mean the whole delivery. It's freaking Oxberger. (thumbs u

Yup just another tool that doesn't know what he is talking about. Comics of any really value unlike the $50 books this clown can afford will never sell for close to the same in a PGX slab as compared to a CGC slab. Maybe if the guy one day moves into books worth something he will understand.

Actually I hope the turd moves into some say SA keys in HG and buys a few PGX slabbed copies and then later on down the road finds out they are color touched and trimmed and he is out a few thousand dollars. Then we can link him back to these wonderful videos that some turd who looks a lot like him posted onto Youtube saying how great PGX is and how horrible CGC is. :)

:devil: If boardies are jonesing for something to make their heads explode, here ya go...

I'm confused, why destroy something that you don't want? You could just hand it to someone and say; 'have a nice day'

I guess that wouldn't make you look cool on your Internet video.

:devil: If boardies are jonesing for something to make their heads to explode, here ya go...

I don't understand the hate for slabbed books. If you don't like it, find a raw copy. I don't freak out at the grocery store over boxed spaghetti simply because I like the bagged stuff better.

But you might think it odd if you saw spaghetti bricked in acrylic blocks for twice the price. Unless you're a survivalist looking to store some for 100 years. :grin:

I think that's the reaction: Seeing something they've always consumed, sealed off from immediate consumption. That, and haters gonna hate.

Yup just another tool that doesn't know what he is talking about. Comics of any really value unlike the $50 books this clown can afford will never sell for close to the same in a PGX slab as compared to a CGC slab. Maybe if the guy one day moves into books worth something he will understand.

Actually I hope the turd moves into some say SA keys in HG and buys a few PGX slabbed copies and then later on down the road finds out they are color touched and trimmed and he is out a few thousand dollars. Then we can link him back to these wonderful videos that some turd who looks a lot like him posted onto Youtube saying how great PGX is and how horrible CGC is. :)

Stay classy.

But you might think it odd if you saw spaghetti bricked in acrylic blocks for twice the price. Unless you're a survivalist looking to store some for 100 years. :grin:

I think that's the reaction: Seeing something they've always consumed, sealed off from immediate consumption. That, and haters gonna hate.

That's not the case with him though - he's complaining mainly about the price. He still buys them already slabbed.

, so I'm no stranger to Plato's cave.

Wasn't that the name of the swinger's club in New York in the 70's?

If so, did they have a nice selection of back issues?

Maybe I am way off, but I was always believed it was 3 graders who graded each book?? Now cut me up all you wish, but when ppl say depends on a bad day, sex in morning, etc.... still comes down to 3 ppl??

obviously knows nothing about CGC graders.

Maybe I am way off, but I was always believed it was 3 graders who graded each book?? Now cut me up all you wish, but when ppl say depends on a bad day, sex in morning, etc.... still comes down to 3 ppl??

Yes, that's an error on his part. The differences in grading would come mainly from the finalizer (the head grader who takes the final look at the book).

I don't know, but it would make a great name for an alternative lifestyle bar.

Yes, that's an error on his part. The differences in grading would come mainly from the finalizer (the head grader who takes the final look at the book).

Thanks for clarifying, rings a bell now. doh!

I don't get a "dooshy" vibe from him, he's just uninformed. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Even from his limited perspective, I do agree that competitors will make inroads if people start disliking the service and/or cannot profit from it because costs relative to sales can't justify it. I'm personally tired of the loose grading and the cost increases and delays are preventing me from submitting books, so I'm almost there myself. Too bad there's no one to turn to.

This guy isn't afraid to voice his opinion, good for him. Good old value priced consumers.

I think that one was called "Orbit of Uranus"

I think that one was called "Orbit of Uranus"

lol