• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this out.

73 posts in this topic

This guy has a point.

The local comic shop dealers and the comic collector's NOT the (Comic Collector Community) will go to pgx because of their low prices and fast turn around times.

The comic collector community like our selves would never submit our books to pgx because we know better.

Now if a new grading company pops-up I would definitely try them out.

The guy has 13 videos up and comes across as some 'normal' eBayer. No clue about the PGX/Leder debacle, the Ewert fiasco, the Halperin article in Forbes, Dupcak/Comic Keys, Manufactured Gold. PCS, or much of anything surrounding encapsulating comics.

And, unless someone hangs out in comic collecting forums, why would they know? (shrug)

Seems like some random 'value' consumer comparing the obvious...service fees, turn times, purchase prices, against his Overstreet. Convincing himself he's a 'smart shopper'.

The guy has 13 videos up and comes across as some 'normal' eBayer. No clue about the PGX/Leder debacle, the Ewert fiasco, the Halperin article in Forbes, Dupcak/Comic Keys, Manufactured Gold. PCS, or much of anything surrounding encapsulating comics.

And, unless someone hangs out in comic collecting forums, why would they know.

You mean this board isn't the voice of the entire hobby?

This can't be.

I don't get a "dooshy" vibe from him, he's just uninformed. Everyone has to start somewhere.

He uses the term "the bottom line is" enough times to make a drinking game out of it.

He also says phrases and cliches out of order:

"CGC is the end all be all"

"Most people collect 9.4, 9.6, 9.0's"

I don't get a "dooshy" vibe from him, he's just uninformed. Everyone has to start somewhere.

He uses the term "the bottom line is" enough times to make a drinking game out of it.

He also says phrases and cliches out of order:

"CGC is the end all be all"

"Most people collect 9.4, 9.6, 9.0's"

His video is silly, but he's just uninformed. I started in this hobby by buying two $4000 books from Dupe-cake and ate all of his rhetoric about CGC grading with a spoon for 3 months, so I'm no stranger to Plato's cave.

PSA to you comic book dorks...

Getting sleeve tattoos on your breadstick arms does not make said breadstick arms, nor you "cool" in any way.

204031_o.gif

:devil: If boardies are jonesing for something to make their heads to explode, here ya go...

:facepalm:

I don't understand the hate for slabbed books. If you don't like it, find a raw copy. I don't freak out at the grocery store over boxed spaghetti simply because I like the bagged stuff better.

:devil: If boardies are jonesing for something to make their heads to explode, here ya go...

:facepalm:

I don't understand the hate for slabbed books. If you don't like it, find a raw copy. I don't freak out at the grocery store over boxed spaghetti simply because I like the bagged stuff better.

Or just remove it from the holder once you receive the book.

I think if some one explained the word ‘subjective’ to him, he could shave at least 2-3 minutes off those video’s.

I did post a reply that he should come here and get the real information on PGX.